Chapter Seven: Jared

"You're not going out today?"

I looked up from the television screen to my father. He was wearing a suit along with a roll of newspaper in his hand.

"No," I answered.

"That's odd. Every Saturday you're always going out with your friends."

Well that's because they're still hungover from yesterday. "I don't know, I just didn't feel like hanging out today."

"Alright," he shrugged, taking a seat besides me. "Let's have a family dinner party tonight,"

I shrugged. "It's probably boring,"

"But you'll get to hang out with me." He smiled. "Come on, Emery. Spend some time with your old man."

"You're 34," I stated in monotone.

He rolled his eyes and leaned back. "But I feel old."

"Then maybe you should start exercising...."

He gave me a pointed look and I sighed. "Fine! As long as I don't have to dress up and act like I'm from a noble family."

"You don't, I promise." He pulled me into a hug. "You'll have fun...."

Yeah, I hope so.

"I thought I didn't have to dress up," I whined.

"It's just a skirt," Jessica mumbled.

"Same thing!" I crossed my arms as we waited for my dad and Regina to come down. I was currently wearing a dark blue top and a black skirt that was too tight for my liking.

Jessica was also wearing something similar. Except her top was pink and her skirt was wavey.

"Who was the one who chose my outfit?" I asked.

"Uhm....it was my mom."

"What does she want me to do? Rip my skirt while trying to sit down so everyone can see my underwear?"

"I wanted to choose something you wear everyday,"

We both looked up and saw Regina in a nice green dress that flowed down to her knees and a pair of black heels.

"I do not wear this every day," I rolled my eyes.

She glared at me and I smirked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Anyways, let's get going." My dad interrupted the tension. We all walked out to my dad's car and drove to an Italian restaurant.

After we ordered, my dad decided to speak up. "So girls....we have good news."

We waited for him to continue. He looked back at Regina and smiled. I could already tell it was gonna be something bad.

"Well....we wanted you girls to know that Regina is pregnant."

"Aren't you excited?!" Regina exclaimed.

The table went quiet and I had my hands fisted on my lap so no one could see. "Yes! Congratulations!" Jessica smiled.

"I'm happy for you...." I mumbled through gritted teeth.

"Thanks," Regina smiled at me for the first time ever. "I know you don't like me....but please accept the baby."

When did she get this nice?

I faked a smile and excused myself to the restroom. Looking at myself in the mirror reminded me so much of my mother. We both had the same blue eyes and blonde hair.

Everyone moved on. So should I. But there's this nagging feeling inside my heart telling me that it was her fault that mom died. I can't forgive her. And I especially can't forgive how my dad purposely cheated on my mom.