How to break your Core!

Laneys POV

Lauren always seemed to be a bit odd. I knocked on her door to reminde her we had band practice and she shot up and screamed "SECERT?! I HIDE NO SECERTY THINGS!!!" Then fell back on her bed. I was beyond confused. Lauren was always a bit strange but this is the weirdest I've seen her. She was always the hair dye type but today she was sitting on her bed with mostly orangeish hair that was slightly longer than her shoulders with yellow ends and side bangs and weird blue streaks.
"What is this rainbow mess?" I asked her gesturing to her hair and her purple tank top neon green jeans black leather jacket and boots.
"What rainbow mess?" She asks seeming to not see her current self the way I did.

Lauren's POV

What the hell is CHU talking bout Laney? I look greeeeeeaaaaaat!

(Lol sorry this is kinda a joke couldn't help it)

Laneys POV

"Um." Lauren says fingering her hair into two side braids.
"Are you okay?" I asked really wondering why her room looked like it was on LSD.
"I'm fine..." She says awkwardly pouting.
"Are you on drugs?" I asked.
"No! What the fuck!?" She yells. It was definitely clear. "I'm just happy and when I'm happy rainbows happen..." She says looking around her room.
"We'll discuss this later. Right now we have band practice," I say shaking my head and walking to the garage. Core was already standing on the stage tuning his guitar while kin kon and Jenna fooled around for a game of ping pong. Katy was sitting in the corner mocking them silently but Corey didn't seem to notice. I ignored it and pulled out my bass and began to tune as well. A minute later Lauren walked in. Katy's eyes jetted towards Lauren.
"You look like you crawled out of a bucket of rainbow paint!" Katy scowled. She looked ridiculous. Everything but her face looked like too much. She wore her regular make up but her hair looked terrible.
"If you got a rainbow guitar I'm so done." I admit.
"My guitar is still black." Lauren says pulling out her guitar. "Just because I dyed my hair and I happen to be wearing a color today doesn't mean I am obsessed with rainbow and I am extremely passionate about gay marriage!" She snaps.
"Are you saying gay marriage is bad?" Katy suddenly asks.
"I'm not going to have a same sec marriage. But it doesn't mean I don't think other people can do it if they want to. I don't give a crap about politics. You all should know that." She says stepping up to join Corey and I on stage. Jenna Kin and Kon soon followed. After a few minutes of arguing about what to play Lauren sets up at the microphone. Kon counts us in as always and Lauren begins to sing.

(Decode By Paramore cuz le author who's name shall remain unknown is obsessed with Paramore)

How can I decide what's right
When you're clouding up my mind?
I can't win your losing fight all the time
Nor can I ever own what's mine
When you're always taking sides
But you won't take away my pride
No not this time
Not this time

How did we get here?
Well, I used to know you so well
How did we get here?
Well, I think I know

The truth is hiding in your eyes
And it's hanging on your tongue
Just boiling in my blood
But you think that I can't see
What kind of man that you are
If you're a man at all
Well, I will figure this one out
On my own
(I'm screaming, "I love you so!")
On my own
(My thoughts you can't decode)

How did we get here?
Well, I used to know you so well, yeah
How did we get here?
Well, I think I know

Do you see what we've done?
We've gone and made such fools of ourselves
Do you see what we've done?
We've gone and made such fools of ourselves

Yeah...!

How did we get here?
Well, I used to know you so well, yeah, yeah
How did we get here?
[Album version:] Well, I used to know you so well
[Acoustic version:] Why won't you show yourself?

I think I know
I think I know

Ooh, there is something
I see in you
It might kill me
I want it to be true

When the band finished up we ended in a weird silence and Lauren laughed.
"I miss singing all of our new songs seem to be written for Corey to sing!" Lauren laughs.
Katy stared at her with a death glare. "It's too bad I didn't miss it. You sound like a dying goat," she says rudely. Lauren instantly turned around from high-fiveing kin Kon Jenna core and I.
"Oh sorry. What a pleasure to meet your aquatince miss Taylor Swift," Lauren rolled her eyes. "You have some kind of nerve telling one of the most successful single and band recording artists they sound like a dying farm animal! Which only you would know considering you come from the farm!" Lauren yells tossing her guitar off her shoulder and walking towards Katy. "Who the hell do you think you are?!" Lauren yells in her face. "I'm not falling for this shit! You're the biggest fake I've ever met in my life! This isn't about Corey anymore! This is about the fact that you're walking in and screwing up my fucking life!" Katy tried to back away but Lauren had her backed up against the wall. Jenna Kin Kon Corey and I just totally a stopped everything and watched. Katy searched her mind for words but did nothing.
"I thought so," Lauren says and storms back up to the stage and puts her guitar back on. She says nothing to no one and just strums a few chords and belts into the mic a few lines.

(That's what you get by Paramore)

No sir, well I don't wanna be the blame, not anymore.
It's your turn, so take a seat we're settling the final score.
And why do we like to hurt so much?

I can't decide
You have made it harder just to go on
And why, all the possibilities, well I was wrong

That's what you get when you let your heart win, whoa.
I drowned out all my sense with the sound of its beating.
And that's what you get when you let your heart win, whoa.

Awkward silence fills the room. Until Lauren speaks up. "Hey Katy if your so great why don't you do it better than me?!" She says. The world knew Katy couldn't sing. In movies she lip synced if she had to sing. And the world knew, no matter what Paramore song Lauren sang, she could show up just about everyone but Hayley Williams. Considering all the music we wrote, I wasn't sure why we wasted more of our free time dancing around playing covers. Katy just faked a hurt look. "Why do you keep targeting me?" She says pouting. Lauren looked even more angry than Trina.
"UGH! Actresses! This is personal now!" Lauren shouted and stormed out of the Garage with her guts it still around her neck pulled into the amp. She dragged the amp down the hall until it finally disconnected from her guitar's cord. The band and I exchanged weird glances.
"Practice is over," Corey says knowing we were all waiting for an answer.
"Hey core can I talk to you for a minute?" I ask suddenly.
"Sure Lanes. Anything for you," he says. That one line got me wondering as I followed him to behind the stage. It made my heart flutter a bit. We sat down separated from the band.
"Is this about Lauren?" He asks instantly.
"No. Kinda. Not really," I finally decide. "She was weird today but I don't think it's anything to worry about. I'm gonna buy her some bleach and she will be fine." I say.
"Than what's this about?" He asks.
"Katy," I say trying not to invade his space. "Lauren is right about her. I'm just not totally sure why she went about it the way she did but she's not how she seems!" I say noticing the hurt in his eyes.
"Is this your way of trying to make me and you happen again? Because-" Corey digs into his pocket and I interrupt him.
"This is my way of trying to warn your before you make the biggest mistake of your whole life Core!" I threw my arms up. "She's playing you for a fool! Her producer thinks it's a good way to get publicity!" His face fell.
"Lanes are you lying to me?" He asks with a serious tone.
"Why would I lie? Ask anyone Kin Kon Jenna Or Lauren. They all know it. They were just too afraid to tell you." He says nothing for a minute. For a moment I thought he was going to cry. It had been a long time since I'd ever seen Corey cry. He was always really strong about everything.
"Thanks Lanes." He said in a quiet hushed tone.
"Sorry it had to work this way." I said and walked out.