Your author is a lazy ass

LAST CHAPTER AHAHAHAHAHA SORRY IT WILL BE LONG (but epilogues are absolutely necessary) if you shop Corney praise me because this is going to be flawless. You'll say "wow Child I know I wasted probably at least 20 minutes of my time reading your original grojband fanfic which had the lousiest title ever, and was petty shutting written cute you were 12, and then I wasted a good 20 minutes reading your so called Corney book which hard HARDLY ANY CORNEY IN IT! But, it was all worth it because you made my dreams come true in the end." Lol someone better comment that and I'll probably cry or dedicate an entire story to them. -- Dee Dee

Laneys POV (notice I love Lanes?)

A meeting was called with the record label for the morning. Kin, kon, Lauren, Jenna, Corey and I all gathered In the office of our newest signer, Bella. Grojband managed to jump record labels quite frequently but still ended up doing just fine. However, apparently change was near. We all sat down in our traditional seats in our meeting room and Bella started speaking.
"You guys are like 30 years old. Kin and Kon are about to get married and Jenna already is. Your last record was almost a flop and it sold less than half as many as the one before it did. Guys I think it's about time to call this game over. You're all amazing stars and great musicians, but you're old news. I say we launch "Grojband's final stand tour" and call it quits." Bella says very confidently. I look around at the faces of my band members and I watch the color drain from their faces. We all sat there with our mouths wide open in disbelief of what we just heard come from our managers mouth. Eventually Corey decided to break the silence.
"Does this mean no more records?" He asks.
Bella nods "you can't back out of the tour because I already announced it, not that you guys ever would, but it could be good for you. You're music legacy will live on forever but I think it's a good time to put an end to all this." She says.
Lauren sits up straight and outs in a brave face. "Then a I guess we have a tour to plan."

*several months later*

The tour had been going great, and finally, it was closing night. The last show grojband would ever preform together. Backstage things got sappy. Lauren, Jenna, and I got changed into our outfits. Lauren wore a black tank top, and light jeans paired with strange armbands, converse and a tie. Jenna wore a blue skirt and a white sweater, which was, oh, extremely out of character for her. And I wore a Red tee shirt which I tied back into a ponytail over a black tank with destroyed black jeans and combat boots. We were ready to hit the stage for our final time together. 15 minutes before our time on stage Corey approached me and pulled me out of the dressing room.
"Can we talk?" He asks.
I was shocked by this approach. I didn't know what Corey had to talk with me about. It sounded like if we were together he would have broke up with me. I swallowed my pride and answered him. "Sure."
He took me down the halls far back behind the stage.
"Look Laney," he said and looked me directly in the eyes. "I'm sorry." This caught me very off guard. One second Corey had this insane girlfriend who was playing him, next he's barely talking to me, then he's sorry. Okay. His eyes grew wide and I could tell that somehow that something deep was about to come. "I'm sorry I dumped you to date some idiot girl who turned out to be a stuck up snob who played me for my popularity. If I could go back and change it I would. I was stupid. I didn't realize that all along you were the girl who was meant for me. Laney... Can you forgive me?"
He seemed so sincere. It didn't sound like a speech he had wrote up before he came to get me. It sounded like it came from the bottom of his heart and it meant something.
I opened up my mouth to speak but all that came out was "core..." The next thing I knew was that I practically threw myself at him. I kissed him on the lips with all the love I had in my and my heart began to dance. For a second I thought I caught him off guard because I almost knocked him off his feet but within a few seconds he stood up straighter and wrapped his arms around me and began to kiss me back the way I had to him. He gently spun me around and pinned me against the wall and continued to kiss me. The sweet touch of his lips against mine reminded me of the flare we used to have throughout he years. Being in his arms felt so right like his arms were made to be holding just me. The moment couldn't have been sweeter. He finally pulls away and looks me dead in the eyes and says "I love you Lanes."
The sound of those words made color rise to my cheeks. Those were the words I had wanted to hear since I met Corey when I was 8 years old. I gave up trying to resist the urge to smile and looked him back into his eyes and said "I love you too core."
I had barely finished my sentence when I heard kon's voice.
"GET A ROOM!" He yelled. Kin looked back at him like he's crazy.
"What Kon means is get your lovey dovey butts in position becyase we go on in less than 10 minutes." Corey releases me from the wall and sticks his arm around my waist as we walk towards the front of the stage where Lauren and Jenna await our arrival. As our final show, we decided to allow our band leader to give the pre-show motivational speech. We all gathered in a circle with our instruments with us and Corey began to speak.
"It really upsets me to say that this is going to be our last show together. Sometimes I think we feel like more of a family than even a band. So even though this is our last show, I know this won't be the last we see of each other. Partially because we live together but aside the point. Tonight is our last show. And because it's our last show, the record label can't fire us. And since the record label can't fire us, that means we can go off script as much as we please. Tonight lets play the music that really means a lot to us, not just the music that happened to hit #1 on the charts. If you wanna call a song were gonna play next, or start talking, feel free. We have absolutely nothing to lose. On a different note, I want to say how amazing it had been working with all of you. We were childhood friends and I'm proud to say that I could spend my life with you guys. You were my family for the family I lacked... Besides Trina of course. Without you guys I wouldn't be the person I am today and I can't thank you enough for all you've done for me without even realizing. I can probably speak for all of us when I say this is sad that this inspire last show. But don't let it be sad because even if we're not performing, well still always have each other. So why don't we give it our all and make Grojband's final stand, a memory everyone in that crowd will never forever even after were long gone!" We all applaud and for joke I speak up.
"Thanks for coming out everyone!" And pretend to slam an grojdoor. We all laugh and stick our hands in the center. On Corey's count of three we all scream "GROJBAND'S FINAL STAND!" We line up in our positions on stage and wait for the curtain to drop.
The show goes amazingly. It was an entirely improvised set but by the time we reach the last song Lauren grabs her mic and begins to speak.
"They say time sure does fly when you're having fun. And I'll be totally honest, WEVE HAD A BLAST DOING THIS SHOWS FOR EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU! And before our last song entitled The Best Years Of Our Lives, our dear friend Corey had a bit of a surprise for you." She smirks. Corey runs over to Lauren and over the screams I couldn't hear what they were saying because neither Lauren of Corey had their mic on. Corey calmly walks back to his microphone and begins to speak.
"There's one thing I've always dreamed about doing and I'm yet to do it. As many of you may know, there's this girl I love. You might know her, her name is Laney." Corey continues to talk and I watch him very closely. What what he doing? I was starting to blush as he talked of our relationship. "Lanes and I have been the greatest of friends since we were little little kids. Lanes was also one of the three girls I've ever dating. The two others being Katy who played me for my publicity and our very own Lauren." Lauren clearly wasn't expecting to be mentioned because she took her hand off her guitar and flipped him off but Corey just laughed it off.
"Lanes means the world to me and there's been pieces of time in the past where I've put people before her who put themselves before me. And I'm very sorry for it. And I want to prove to you, Laney," he is standing right in front of me now and I look up at him. "That I'm not going to do that anymore. You mean more to me than anyone else ever has before." Corey drops to one knee and the crowd gasps louder than I do myself. "Laney Penn will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?" He holds out a ring in a box. I just about peed myself I didn't expect it at all! Without taking another moment I screamed "YES!" Corey wrapped me into a tight hug and slid the ring onto my finger. The crowd screamed at the top of their lungs. I don't think there was a time where I've heard louder screaming.
"GIVE IT UP FOR CORE AND LANES!" Lauren screams "or future Mr and Mrs. Riffen. Well it's time for our last song. And we really want you all to sing along to make this last song as memorials as possible!" She continues. "This is The Best Years Of Our Lives." (Disclaimer: I do not own this song. It is written by Evan Taubenfeld and Avril Lavigne. I own no part of it. Thanks). Before we begin the last song we all gather together into a group hug then head back to our places and begin the song that will end our profiting careers. Kin takes a deep breath and counts us in for the final time.
Oh oh oo Oh Oh oo... [3x]

We had the best years of our lives,
But you and I would never be the same,
September took me by surprise,
And I was left to watch the seasons change.

Oh oh oo Oh Oh oo... [3x]

It's been so quiet since you're gone,
And everyday feels more like a year,
Sometimes I wish I could move on,
The memories would all just disappear.

So many things I should've,
Said when I had the chance,
So many times we took it all for granted.

I'd never thought this could ever end,
I'd never thought I'd lose my bestfriend,
Everything is different now,
Can we stop the world from turning?

I'd never thought I'd have to let you go,
I'd Never thought I'd ever feel this low,
I Wish I could go back,
And we'd stop the world from turning.

Oh oh oo Oh Oh oo... [2x]

Looking back on better days,
When we were young, we thought we knew so much.
And now it seems so far away,
I'm wondering If I was good enough.

So many things I should've,
Said when I had the chance,
So many times we took it all for granted.

I'd never thought we would ever end,
I'd never thought I'd lose my bestfriend,
Everything is different now,
Can we stop the world from turning?

I'd never thought I'd have to let you go,
I'd Never thought I'd ever feel this low,
I Wish I could go back,
And we'd stop the world from turning.

Gone are all the days,
When we swore we'd never break,
And now I'm left here alone.

Oh oh oo Oh Oh oo... [3x]
Oh oh ooo..

Oh oh oo Oh Oh oo...
I'd never thought this would ever end,
Oh oh oo Oh Oh oo...
I'd never thought I'd lose my bestfriend,
Oh oh oo Oh Oh oo...
Everything is different now,
Oh oh oo Oh Oh oo...
Can we stop the world from turning?

I'd never thought this could ever end,
I'd never thought I'd lose my bestfriend,
Everything is different now,
Can we stop the world from turning?

I'd never thought I'd have to let you go,
I'd Never thought I'd ever feel this low,
I Wish I could go back,
And we'd stop the world from turning.

Oh oh oo Oh Oh oo... [2x]
Oh oh oo ooo.

And the lights faded to black.

-the end-