7

There was a knock at Macey and Syb's front door. Syb heaved herself off the couch and threw her books away from her. She opened it to see Michael, and she immediately smiled. Her smile fell when she say Calum standing behind him. 

"Hi guys." Syb says, giving them a tight smile.

"Wheres Macey." Calum mutters.

"Uhm taking a nap why?" Syb says pulling her hair back into a ponytail.

"I wanna take her out." He says harshly, his face in a constant frown.

"You do?" Sybil can't help but show her utter shock.

"Sybil, honey, please just go get Mace?" Michael says sympathetically. Syb just shrugs and walks into Macey's room. She was fast asleep for the first time in days.

"Mace, wake up, wake up." Sybil gently shakes her shoulders until she opens her eyes.

"What." She grumbles, her eyes sliding shut again.

"Calum is here." Syb says, and Macey's eyes shoot back open.

"What?! Why?!" Macey immediatly throws herself out of bed and brushes her hair out of her face.

"He wants to take you out." Syb remains calm and hushed in her voice so that the boys didnt hear them.

Macey looks at Sybil and shakes her head, fear creeping into her stomach.

"Hey. It's gonna be fine." Syb puts her hands on Macey's shoulders. Macey just nods and runs to her closet pulling out a black sweater with an open back and red pants. She pulls on some black lace up boots and applies some make up.

"I'm nervous." She says to Sybil as she walks toward the door and pulls it open.

Calum and Michael were sitting awkwardly on the couch when Macey and Syb emerged from Macey's room.

"Well, let's go." Calum says, standing up and glancing at Macey and walking to the front door with her trailing behind him.

"Wanna stay here?" Syb asks Michael who immediately agrees.

Mace and Cal got into Calum's car and rode along in silence.

"So uhm where do you wanna go?" 

"Wherever." 

"Well where is somewhere good around here." 

"There's a Mexican place two streets over. Take the next left."

Macey couldn't remember any time that they had spent together being this awkward. 

Suddenly Calum slams the breaks on and looks over at her.

"You still love me. Don't you."

"What?"

"Answer the fucking question."

"I need you so much closer." She whispered to him. His brown eyes melted with the slow tears that fell down his cheeks.

"I don't know how to fix the broken. You're broken." He said back to her. Shattering the only whole piece of her there was left.

Calum turned the car around and dropped Macey back off at home without saying another word.