1

"Hey Ash." Macey answers the call from her cousin. It had been three years since the boys moved to America and Macey hadn't seen them since. She kept in contact with all of them except Calum. Her best friend.

        'How's school cuz?" Ashton asks her. She can hear his smile through the phone. She is a sophmore in college now and living in L.A.. Every time the boys visited Los Angeles from New York, Macey always found a way to avoid them, miss them, or just completely not see them at all.

        "School's great. It's going great. How about you how's life in the music world." She asks him, sipping some coffee as they chat. Macey Hamilton had become a different person after she went to school. She moved on. She became happy and focused. And a good liar. It was all bullshit. She only ever felt like her life was crumbling to pieces. She was depressed and had so many sleepless nights. It was all because she couldn't talk to Calum.

        Her Calum.

        "Music is great, me and the boys are great." Ash said. The boys, Macey thought, is not Calum. How is Calum. She wanted to ask him that, but she couldn't bring herself to speak his name .

        "Great." She said blankly. The silence lagged the conversastion and made it even more awkward.

        Three whole years had separated the five of them and Macey really wasnt sure if she was ready to come back together with them. It was the last day of school before summer break and she was staying in L.A. as going home meant running into the boys as they are on break too.

        "Well... are you coming home this summer?" The boy asked her nervously.

        "No. I don't really like coming home during the summer anymore. I don't know when I'll be back in Aussie." She said, sounding bored and her words stung her cousin.

        "Well we are really missing you, Mace." He told her.

        "I'm sorry I'm just so busy." She said, "Actually I should really go okay? Have a good summer Ash." She said quickly, hanging up the phone and throwing it onto her bed in her apartment.

        The girl grabbed her sweatshirt off the floor of her room and slipped it on over her head. She grabbed her converse and walked out the front door. The cool night air was breathing against her skin. She walked to the drug store down the street from her apartment. She grabbed a diet coke and a 3 Muskateer's candy bar. 

        "You look pissed." Macey's best friend from L.A., Sybil, said to her from behind the store counter.

        "Yeah well that's what family and old friends do to you. They fuck you up just a little bit." Macey replied, putting her stuff on the counter while her friend rang her up.

        "Is this about Cal?" Sybil asked her. Macey only shrugged and put the money onto the counter.

        "I don't know. I guess so. It's so stupid it's been three years I should be over him by now." She says, rubbing her eyes to hide the tears and keep them from spilling out.

        "Macey. Don't beat yourself up over this. It may have been three years without him, but you were best friends with him for longer. You miss him because he was such a big part of your life. But if he doesnt feel the same, maybe you have been mad at yourself for too fucking long. you will never know until you talk to him about his bullshit." Sybil explained to her. 

        "And this is why I have a phsycology student as my best friend and room mate." Macey laughed.

        "And I have a crazy pre med student as mine." Sybil laughed and handed Macey her stuff.

        'See you at home Syb!" Macey calls over her shoulder. She walks back to her apartment and pulls on her pajama shorts and an old teeshirt that was once Luke's because she stole it from his house when she spilled mustard on her white shirt and she just never gave it back to her best friend. Macey sees her phone light up from across the room on the table near her door. She sees that it is a phone call from Michael.

        "Yeah Mike?" She answers the phone.

        "So you're not coming home to Australia this summer?" He asks her. She sighs, annoyed.

        "No I'm not and I'm guessing Ashton told you." Macey says back to the boy who had once been her closest friend in the universe aside from Calum.

        "Don't act so pissed off please Macey. I miss you so much why don't you talk to me anymore? Why arn't you coming home please Macey I need my best friend back." Michael starts to cry from his end of the phone. He is curled up on his bed crying out for his best friend. He is broken and worn out too now and about to break down.

        "It hurts too much Michael! Find a new best friend." Macey screams, hanging up and putting down her phone. She was done too, just like Michael. Both broken with nothing left. Except one turns to alchohal and another turns to a blade.

        "I don't need them. I'm fine on my own. I'm okay. I'm okay." The broken girl whispers to herself in the darkness of her kitchen. Smoke from a cigarette floats up to the ceiling and gets blown awy once it hits the fan.

FINALLY STARTED THIS BOOK! I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THE FIRST CHAPTER PLEASE COMMENT!!!!