5

"Is this some kind of a joke to her?" Calum mutters under his breath as he stares in the mirror. He glances at his face and looks away. He isn't talking to anyone, and even if there was somebody there to listen, he didn't think they would anyway.

"It's not like she even cares. All she can think about are her sick issues." He slurs his words, his head is spinning. He's only happy when his sorry head is filled with dope.

-----------------

"He doesn't care about me." Macey staggers back to her room.

"It's not like he even thinks about me. He's just focused on himself." She's only happy when her sorry mouth is filled with alcohol.

-----------------

He can't stand thinking about her. It makes his stomach turn and his heart pound against his chest. He can't get her out of his head though, no matter how hard he tries.  

She wants to tear him out of her brain out of her very veins. She can't stand him living there inside her. He won't leave her alone.

-----------------

Everything was Blue.

"Is it possible for you guys to stop looking so googly eyed at those...those girls!" Calum mutters to his three starry eyed best friends after the four boys dropped Ronnie, Sara, and Sybil off at Macey and Syb's apartment.

"Cal- you gotta learn to be happy for others." Michael laughs and throws his arm around Calum's shoulders, but he shrugs him off, glaring at him.

"It's not my fault I hate the Female sex."

"It's not our fault you can't get over Macey." Ashton mutters as they try to hail a cab. Calum stops and grabs onto Ashton's flannel shirt, in his fist and gripping it tightly.

"Calum." Luke warns as Calum's eyes dig into Ashton's.

"Don't take her side." He says harshly. Ashton is tense in his grip and has been squirming to get away.

"I-I, Cal, she's like my sister." Ashton says quietly. Calum's grip tightens as he pushes Ashton up against a brick building they were standing near on the sidewalk.

"Calum!" Michael yells at him. But neither he or Luke put a hand on him.

"Who's side are you even on!" Calum yells in Ashton's face, raising up his left hand and curling it into a fist, gritting his teeth Ashton cowers and shuts his eyes. 

Finally Luke speaks.

"Don't hit him Cal! You're high again! Stop if you hit him we're gonna have to explain why to the media and you know that won't be pretty." Luke says sternly.

Calum stays there for a moment, still staring at Ashton's wilting face underneath his piercing eyes. Finally he releases his grip and stumbles back. He shakes his head a few times.

"I-I'm sorry, I j-just can't th-think straight." He stutters before slumping against the building as the boys rush to his side.

Everything was Gray.

-----------------

Calum laid there in the hospital bed thinking.

Thinking about a lot of things.

About how he almost broke every bone in Ashton's body.

About how badly he needed his fix

And about Macey.

His Mace.

She used to be his fix, but that all changed after the boys left. 

He knew that he loved her still. And he knew that she loved him.

But he didn't know which was more toxic.

Macey, his violet sky.

Or 

The dope he smokes.

THIS CHAPTER WAS INSPIRED BY COLORS BY HALSEY