Chapter 18 (edited)

I'M SO SORRY I WAS GONE FOR OVER A YEAR!!! HERE IS A SUPER LONG CHAPTER TO MAKE UP FOR IT!!!!

I woke up with a sharp pain in my lower abdomen, I completely forgot about that monthly visit from Mother Nature. I slyly slid from under Luke and ran to his en-suite bathroom. Thank god for my pre-planning and buying a box of tampons when I moved in. I retrieved a packet from my hiding place and took care of business.

When I exited the bathroom I saw Luke sleeping soundly on his stomach, a pillow in his arms filling my vacancy.

It's crazy to think how this all came about. I can't imagine what would have happened if I never met him that cold morning. Probably on the streets due to my parents kicking me out.

I laid back down in bed and slid back into Luke's arms. I used my fingers to trace his feature, down his nose, across his lips, up his jawline, and into his hair. I played with a few strands of his blonde hair and studied how soft it was without all that gel and hairspray in it.

"Can you wake me up like this every morning?" Luke smiled without opening his baby blue eyes.

"I don't know. I think I like scaring you awake better." I joked, referring to the first time I spent the night here.

"That was so not cool."

I leaned down and pressed my lips against his nose and went to get out of bed. I felt his hand gently wrap around my wrist and pull me back down.

"Babe," I dragged out, "let me up. I want food!"

"If I just lay here, will you lie with me?" He sang, a smirk spreading across his face. He knew his singing was my weakness.

"Low blow Hemmings, low blow."

The pain in my stomach grew and I winced.

"Are you okay?" Luke shot up slightly and concern covered his face.

"Yeah, um, just cramps." I don't know why but I was embarrassed to talk about my period with Luke.

"Why are you so embarrassed? It's a natural thing." He questioned me.

"Cause it's just odd talking about Satan's sacrificial waterfall." I didn't even think twice about calling it that and I'm glad I didn't. Luke's laughter filled the room. He sat up completely and held his stomach, wheezing for breath.

"Oh my god! That was beautiful!"

"I wish it felt beautiful. I feel like someone is repetitively stabbing me in the stomach with a trident!"

"Are you always this dramatic when talking about your period?" He was grinning like a baboon, dimples popping out.

"I'm this dramatic every day. What are you talking about?"

Like wrapped his strong arms around my waist and pulled me into his lap. He kissed my hair and just sat there. It was perfectly blissful until my stomach decided to roar like a freaking lion!

"Okay, okay. Let's go to IHOP." I shot up out of bed, my abdomen protesting the action.

I threw on black leggings, a large black sweater, and my white converse. I brushed out my hair and threw it up in a messy bun, pulling out a few strands to make it look trendy. Don't judge me. I walked out of the bathroom and stopped in my tracks when I saw Luke. He was wearing black jeans with holes in the knees, a black, worn out shirt, a black denim jacket, black vans, and a black backward SnapBack. How can someone look so good in all black?

"You ready?" He raised his eyebrow, I cleared my throat and nodded.

---------------------

"How are your pancakes?" Luke asked me. My mouth was full so I gave him a thumbs up.