Chapter 15 (edited)

Lena's POV

"Is this all you have?" Luke asked me. 

"Yep. Just clothes and a few books." He gave me a pity smile and continued to carry one of my suitcases up the stairs.

We laid the bags on his bed and began to unpack them. He started to put my clothes into an empty drawer. Did he already empty out a spot for me?

"Luke I don't want to take away from your storage," I said hesitantly.

"Don't be silly. You take the dresser I take the closet."

"Luke no. I can just use my suitcase to hold my stuff until I find an apartment." He stepped forward and grabbed my shoulders.

"Lena. You might be used to being treated like shit and having to live under bad circumstances, but here you are going to be treated like a princess. Take the dresser."

Reluctantly I began placing my clothes into the empty drawers. I don't understand how he had so much control over me. I gave into him so fast, so easily.

We had just finished unpacking my stuff when he pulled me down onto the bed with him. I curled into his body and clung to his shirt.

"This is going so fast, Luke. I'm scared."

"What are you scared of?"

"The inevitable. Getting hurt." His arms tightened around me almost too tight.

"I will never hurt you. Ever." His words were clipped at the end.

"Don't make promises you can't keep Lucas."

"Then let's not call it a promise, let's call it a deal. I don't hurt you and you don't hurt me."

I looked up at him and smiled. I buried my head in his neck and breathed in his cologne. His hand ran over my back and around my waist, kissing my head in the process.

"I love you." He what! There is no way. We've only known each other for a month. But I'm not rejecting it either.

"Lena?"

"I love you too."

A huge grin covered his face making his eyes sparkle. He reached down and kissed me. His kiss was full of passion and love. I'm not letting this boy go.

---------

I woke up around nine-thirty in the morning wrapped in Luke's arms. I somehow managed to wriggle out of his arms and to the bathroom without waking him. I took a quick shower and got ready for the day.

When I got downstairs all the boys were sitting around the table eating cereal. I grabbed an apple and joined them.

"Thank you, guys. You know, for letting me stay here."

"Well, you are paying rent." Michael joked, sending me a toothy grin.

"So what are everyone's plans for today?" Calum said with a mouthful of cereal.

"Work," Ashton said before leaving the table to get ready.

"Same." Luke and Michael said at the same time.

"Calum?" I asked. He simply shook his head.

"Good I need your help." Luke raised an eyebrow at me.

"Mind your own, Hemmings." He grinned and shook his head before putting his bowl into the sink.

"I wish I could stay but I really have to go to work." He kissed my head and walked to the front door.

"Oh," he poked his head back inside, "I love you." I blushed still not used to the words coming from his mouth.