The Night Before

Piper's POV:

~*~

"Hi Louis." I grin at the rather short boy before my eyes as he opens the door for me to enter his and Harry's shared flat.

"Why hello there!" Louis replies, stepping out from behind the door and holding his arms out for me to hug him. Rolling my eyes, I walk into the flat and step into Louis' arms. "I haven't seen you in forever!" Louis grins, pulling back from the hug and looking me in the eyes.

"It's been two days, Lou." I tell the man-boy in front of me, my eyes landing on the stubble running along his jawline and chin.

"Still too long." Louis smirks matter-of-factly, drawing my eyes back up to his aqua-green ones.

"Right." I nod, the corners of my lips tugging up into a full on smile as Louis shuts the door behind us and looks at me expectantly.

"So, what brings you to my headquarters?" He asks, placing his hands in his pockets as he ambles down the hall, past me, causing me to follow him to the kitchen.

"Harry wanted me to come over." I shrug, though he's not even looking at me to see my actions. 

"I see, and why's that?"

I blink in response, "Because you guys are leaving for America tomorrow." I reply, unsure whether or not it was a joking rhetorical question.

"Oh, right." Louis turns to face me, his fingers landing on a bottle of beer sat on the counter, obviously one he had previously been drinking from and left out on the counter to answer the door as the bottle is only half-full of the alcoholic beverage.

My eyes flicker back and forth from the drink which is now pressed to his lips as he takes a swig from it, to his eyes as I cock my left eyebrow up at him questioningly.

"What?" Louis asks, actually perplexed at my half-questioning, half-serious gaze.

"Should you really be drinking that the night before you leave early in the morning for tour?"

"It's just one, Piper." He shakes his head, his eyebrows going up for a second as if mocking sass. "Plus, getting wasted is not exactly something I plan to do tonight." 

I shrug, sighing in mock defeat. Louis merely chuckles in response.

"I'll drink responsibly." He assures me, cracking a smirk before adding while nodding in direction of the hallway. "Harry's upstairs, packing." 

I smile, nodding a 'thanks' to the boy before turning around and making my way over to the staircase to Harry's room.

"He best not be sore when the lads and I work with him tomorrow!" I hear Louis' amused tone call down from the kitchen, causing me to freeze on the staircase in complete and utter horror at the boy's comment.

"Louis William Tomlinson!" Harry's voice shouts from his bedroom, sounding slightly muffled from behind the door, obviously having heard the Doncaster boy's words as Louis' entertained snickering is discernible.

My eyes are still wide in embarrassment and my cheeks having a tinge of pink on them, blushing crazily as a door from upstairs can be heard opening and Harry's head pops out from around a corner, looking down at me, not a trace of embarrassment on his features.

"'Allo." Harry greets me in what can only be thought of as an Australian accent as he walks out from behind the corner.

I continue my way up the stairs, still madly awkward and uncomfortable, my eyes avoiding Harry's as I presume a smirk is playing on his features as he watches me in unmistakeable amusement that I don't even have to look at him to sense.