Away for the weekend

I perched myself on the end of my bed and sat deep in thought.  I couldn’t believe I’d lied straight to my mom’s face.  I was going away for the weekend with Jez and I told my mom I was going to Nika’s house for the weekend.  It wasn’t something I wanted to have to do but  Matt told me he’d pay me double money and give me my first half in advance so I’d have it to spend once I arrived, not that I knew where I was going.

I stared at my suitcase which was sitting on the floor right in front of me.  I had gone a bit OTT on the packing but to be fair I had no idea where Jez was taking me.  I could be heading somewhere six hours away or it could only be thirty minutes down the road, who knows?  I felt my phone vibrate in my hand.  I picked it up and read the message I had received from Jez. ‘Meet me on George Street in half an hour.’  George Street was a small street at the back of some housing.  We had planned to meet there because it was in the next town along so we thought we’d be very unlucky if any kids from school were to see us.

I picked up my bright pink suitcase from the spot it was sitting on and carefully dragged it down the stairs trying not to lose control of it.

‘Bye mom’ I yelled.

My mom came waltzing into the hall with a dress so yellow that it actually made your eyes ache.

‘That’s a tad flamboyant’ I said sarcastically.

‘Tis a bit flamboyant isn’t it’ she replied smiling.

‘Oh mom!’

She embraced me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

‘Love you’

‘I love you’

‘Right then you better get off, have a good time!’

‘I will don’t worry’ I said shutting the door behind me.

I had just turned around after shutting the front door when I had an awfully nasty sight staring right at me.  Eurghh it made me feel sick.

‘How could I have not guessed’ I shouted ‘As soon as I’m going  for the weekend my mom makes out that she actually cares but really just happy to get rid for the weekend so she can get her dirty paws on you!’

‘T calm it!’

‘Don’t calm me Jimmy boy’

I dragged my suitcase out of the drive as fast as I could and made my way to the bus stop.  While I was waiting my phone began to go off so I answered.

‘Hey Matt’ I said answering.

‘T I’ve got your money, where do you want to meet?’

‘Whoops, I’m so sorry I completely forgot.  I’m on my way to meet Jez now, could you just give me it all in one big chunk when I get back?’

‘Sure.  The main thing is you get the job done!’

‘Yeah well I’m not being made to do this for nothing so you need to make sure I get my money’ I argued.

‘Yeah of course’

‘Right well there’s nothing to worry about then, I’ll see you at school on Monday and you can give it to me then’

‘Agreed’

‘Bye’

‘Bye’

I put the phone down and the bus soon pulled up.  The journey seemed to go quickly.  Perhaps because I wanted it to go slowly.  Either way I was going away with Jez for the weekend no matter what.  It was too late to back out now!

The bus soon pulled up on George Street, here goes.   Breath Tina breath.  I jumped off and my heart was racing.  Sure enough Jez was standing there with a black bag full of luggage.

‘Hey you’ he grinned.

I put on my best smile.  I walked over to where he was leaning up against the wall and dropped down my luggage.  He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine up around his neck and he leaned in to kiss me pushing me back against the wall.  I wanted everything to stop and for him to let go but that was never going to happen.

Finally he let me go and we caught our breath back.

‘So where did you tell Hallie you were this weekend?’ I asked.

‘A fishing trip with my dad’

‘And you told your parents what exactly?’

‘What do they care’ he responded.

‘So did you see hallie today?’

‘Eurghh can you just stop banging on about her! This is about me and you T’

I smiled again, ‘So where exactly are we going?’

He pointed towards an alley.  

‘Erm I don’t follow’

Jez gestured me to follow him as he squirmed his way down the alley which lead to Sally’s motel which was on the other side of the housing.

‘Erm Jez, not that I’m not grateful or anything but when you said away for the weekend I thought you meant somewhere a little less local’ I questioned.

‘Who cares, we’ve got a bed and that’s all we need, right?’

‘Err sure I guess’ I said whilst staring at the motel.  I hate motels they give me the creeps.  Full of criminals and dodgy people! Boy this was going to be one long weekend!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yay ;D so glad I’ve finally had an update! Thanks for sticking with this book guys even when I don’t upload for ages! Thank you ;) Xxx