Chapter 38 - Bitter Medicine

CHAPTER 38 - Bitter Medicine

I must have fallen asleep because when I woke Scott was doing something on the computer with his headphones on and the house was still quiet. 

Hey?

Hi, is anyone else listening in here?

Nope only us.

I would just like to say that we have great sex in your dreams, seriously great sex.

Really?  Well there you go, you don’t need me then.

Don’t need you?  Hmm you have never been more wrong.  Your dreams are like a movie preview, show enough to get you really interested but only hint at the ending.

Ohh, I’m not sure what to say to that...

Then don’t say anything, just kiss me.

We kissed until it got too much. 

I slowly pulled away from him with an apologetic smile, “I had better go for a shower.  I probably smell bad.”

“Nope, guess again.” His lips curled into a cheeky grin, “I could give you another reason for having a shower if you want?”

“I don’t doubt that!” I laughed as I headed for the shower leaving him on the bed.

I came out to find Scott in the living room.  He and Adam were glaring at each other.  Adam breathed a short scoff as I entered the room then turned and headed down the stairs.

Going straight for the Kitchen I avoided Scott and gave myself some time to pull myself together.  Now both of his parents were against me.  Fantastic.

Hey Jari?

Hi, I can see you are gaining control with these links but don’t lock me out too much, there might something I need to warn you about. 

Sorry, I’m in trouble with everyone today.

Boyfriend troubles?

No, the in-laws.  Adam is less than impressed with me.  Apparently I am not good enough for his son.

Jari growled softly and swore loudly.

He didn’t say that Natalie, he is just concerned about us both, that’s all.

Umm, sure.  So Jari did you get the iPod?

Yeah.  Harold told me that my girlfriend made the recordings for me so show what I was missing out on.  Did you make the recording?

What recording?  It’s got Scott’s music on it.

No, it hasn’t.  Well not anymore.

What?

Let’s just say the new recording isn’t easy to sing along with.

That... freak.  He took my iPod and recorded over my music with ... that’s just wrong.  What a sicko. 

Well what did you expect?  Thanks for the gesture Natalie but... I could almost hear him grimacing.

I’m sorry alright.  I turned and went back to my only space I could, Scott’s room.  I missed my own room and my own stuff.  I flopped on the bed and turned on the TV and sulked.