Chapter 3 - Dream Man

CHAPTER 3 - Dream Man

His eyes were the colour of my soul.  They bore into me.  They penetrated my very being.  They knew all my secrets.  They smouldered with desire.

The rippling quiver travelled down the length on me.  His skin was so warm and yet I shivered as he touched me.  My heart fluttered at he drew closer so we enveloped each other.  I couldn’t help the gasp of surprise as his lips found mine and we meshed our bodies together.  He fitted my curves perfectly.  He knew me. 

“I love you,” he whispered to me.

I woke in the dark from my recurring dream.  As disturbing as it was familiar I couldn’t shake this dream.  I was sweating and my pulse was racing.  My fists gripping the sheet and I was breathing heavily. 

What was happening to me?  Maybe I was losing my mind?  Maybe I was becoming delusional?  I had no other explanation for the dreams and the flushed exhaustion upon waking. I wasn’t like that.  This wasn’t me.  What was happening to me?

I felt it and as much as I fought to deny it, something was changing within me.  I felt different and not in a good way.

No, it was just a dream. 

No, he was just a dream.  

He was the man of my fantasies.  He was a fixture of my recurring dream that plagued me in the most pleasurable way possible.

 I released the sheet from my aching clenched fingers and curled myself into a ball. In every dream it was always the same –the same soft caresses and whispered words of devotion, the same smooth hard body pressed against mine, the same intense eyes as his lips found mine...  no, I wasn’t going to think about it. I wasn’t going to allow this recurring dream to overcome me.  

I gently tapped my heels together three times and began chanting ‘there’s no place like home’.   As I closed my eyes and willed myself back into a dreamless sleep.

“Are you awake yet?” the annoyed voice penetrated my slumber and pulled me awake.  “Look, I got out of a warm bed and left a hot blonde to be here so the least you could do is wake up.”

That was it.  I was awake.  There was someone in my room, and not just someone, an unknown male.  I pulled the covers up and scooted away from the dark figure at the end of the bed.

“Please don’t scream, I have a really bad headache,” but I was already screaming.

I had never had a reason to scream before and this seemed like a really good reason to but I was surprised and more than a little disappointed by the sound that came out of my mouth.  Not so much a scream more like a shriek.

“Was that it?” he scoffed, “Hell, the blonde moaned better than that! Although that was understandable after all I was giving all her fantasies credibility!”

I looked into the darkness, the silhouette was tall and as he moved the low light in the room caught his various unmistakable features.

“What the hell are you doing in my bedroom?  Who the hell do you think you are?” I was now exasperated rather than frightened.  Then something occurred to me, “Are you planning on raping me?  Did you rape this blonde girl?”

He laughed the low musical laugh, “Me?  Hell I think she assaulted me, truth be told, she was very demanding.  You very nearly didn’t get me here this morning, but duty calls and all.”

“What the... what are you doing here and why are you telling me this?”

“Just being friendly,” I could almost hear him shrug like his sex life was nothing more than light conversation.