the morning after

I woke up in the morning, I was alone in bed, damn had I imagined that kiss. I sat up, oh gosh my head was banging so bad. I looked around the room from the bed. It was a typical boy’s room, posters of half naked girls, blue walls and dirty clothes on the floor. It was obvious he’d probably never had a girl in here before, because girls don’t appreciate pictures on naked girls.

I stood up slowly, I was fully dressed and actually still had my shoes on, proof if any that nothing happened. I walked down the stairs and Dougie was sleeping on the sofa. I glanced at the clock, it was 11am. I went to kitchen, grabbed a glass of water before grabbing my bag from the hallway floor. I quietly left the house and was out in the open. The sun was bright and the birds were loud. I walked down the roads and finally turned on my street, I opened the front door and ran up the stairs. I entered my bedroom and looked at my reflection in the mirror.

Gosh I looked like a tramp right now. My make up was all smudged, my hair was all skanky and big and my clothes were all creased. I closed my door and locked it before stripping to my underwear. I got in my en-suite shower and took off my underwear before turning the water on me. It was hot and I needed it, I knew I had my dad to face this morning.

As I left the shower, I dried myself and then blow dried my hair before doing my make up, I had the darkest eyeliner, so much of it and some clear lipgloss. I didn’t bothered straightening my face as I knew I probably wouldn’t be going no where. I dressed in my short black skirt, my pink long sleeved tee and slipped my fluffy sock slippers on.

I left my bedroom and walked down stairs. My mum, dad and Zeke sat in the living room. They watched as I came and sat down on the spare chair and my dad started… “Where were you last night? You know you were grounded! And don’t lie and say you were at Shay’s. I went there and you weren’t there.”

I looked at my mum and then back to my dad, “I just stayed at a friend’s. Okay?” I was not happy with a grilling.

“Heavenly!” Mum barked. “Please just tell us, why did you go out in the first place? And where was you last night?”

I sighed as I looked at dad then mum, “Mum, I stayed at a friend’s, I stayed at Ami’s.” I lied, “Just chill out. I went out because it’s my last night I could. Please mum.”

Dad sighed and said “If we have to cancel our holiday to make sure you are at home, then so be it.” Now I knew he was angry if he fancied cancelling his holiday.

“I promise I won’t go out, if Shay can come here.” I tried to compromise. “You don’t want to cancel your holiday and Zeke will watch me.”

Dad nodded, “Okay, that’s fine.”

I raised an eyebrow before standing up and leaving the room. I nipped to the kitchen and started to toast some bread. “Heaven,” I heard, I turned and looked at Zeke. “Where was you last night?”

I turned back to the toaster and sighed, “I told you I was at Ami’s.”

Zeke walked over and leaned against the side, “Okay.”

“I’m sorry if I got you in trouble.”