Chapter 11

"Oh my God!" I run over to the bleeding, bruised Matt. "Who did this to you?" I yell, as I bring him to my arms. His eyes are half way shut. His breathing is fine, thank God. I roll him onto my lap.

I hold his chin, to look at his bruised face. "Matt, what happened?" I say through gritted teeth. He groans.

Matt's POV

I know what happened. My dad came. He was drunk. He's never hit me before, but I've been mad at him. He left our family, and isn't meant to be part of it again.

I angered him, and he swung at me. Being upset, I swung back. We got info a full on fight. I'm not telling Alyssa, she'll worry too much. I don't want to do that to her.

"What happened?!" She says loudly. I shake my head. She sighs. "Fuck it, we need to get you cleaned up. You look horrible," she says.

She rushes to the washroom, and I hear the tap turn on. She returns with a wet cloth, and rubbing alcohol.

She brings the cloth to my face and gently dabs a wound. It stings. I wince at the pain. "Sorry," she squeaks. I shake my head.

•••

After Alyssa helps me get cleaned, she helps me to the bed. "Lay down, I'll get you something to eat," she says softly.

"I'm not hungry," I reply.

"Matt, you just got beat up. You're probably hungry." She sighs. "Seriously, who was it?"

"J-just a friend. He was drunk, okay?" I lie. She looks at me.

"Honesty Matt, you gotta stop getting in dumb trouble. Just stay out of that stuff." She says and disappears, from the door.

She comes back, with a cup of tea. I don't really like tea. But Alyssa made it, it's probably good. She sets it on the bedside table. "It's really hot."

I nod. She turns to leave, but I take her small hand. "Stay," I say, sounding like a wimp. Her cheeks turn pink. She sits down beside me. "Thanks," I say, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"No problem." She snuggles into my chest. I drape an arm over her. I don't know what we are. I don't know if this is a committed relationship, or not. I want it official. I want her. I think I love her. She's helped me so much. And I want her.

I don't wanna jump in, even though we kinda...you know. But I wanna go on another date.

"Will you go out on a date with me, again?" I blurt. Her cheeks blush, even more.

"Umm... Y-yeah. Sure. When?" She stammers. I smile.

"How about next week. Saturday," I reply. She nods. I don't wanna go out with her looking like this.

"Why not sooner?" She asks. I point at my bruised face. "I don't care about that. I like you, for you," she looks at me. I blush.

"You like me?" I wiggle my eyebrows.

"Don't push it," she says sarcastically. "But you're right, you should let it heal."

I nod.

•••

1 week later
Alyssa's POV

"Hmmm..." I mutter. I look at my clothes. I pick out an outfit, after deciding for a long time. (Her outfits at the very top of this chapter. Now back to the book.)

"Are you done yet?" Matt calls. I rush out after doing my makeup.

"Sorry, I couldn't find anything decent to wear," I reply.

"I don't care. You're beautiful either way," Matt says in a corny tone. I blush.

"Thanks. You're not too bad yourself," I reply. He smirks.

•••

"Close your eyes..." He covers my eyes with his hands. He guides me. "Open!"

I open my eyes, to see a beautiful picnic laid out. Surrounded by trees. "Awww, you did this, for me?" I blush. He nods. I hug him. "Thank you." He smiles.

•••

We eat and talk, it's really fun. I feel waves of this unexplained feeling. Is it love? I think I love him. Is that weird? Too forward? But I know what I want.

There's a pause. "Alyssa," he says.

"Yes?" I reply. He sighs. 

"I dunno how to say this, but I-I... I know we've only gone on two dates, but I know I want you, and only you. You've seen me at my best and worst." His cheeks turn a bright pink colour. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He finally says.

My heart skips a beat. "Y- yes!" I beam. His eyes go from fear, to excitement. I throw my arms over him and kiss him. He kisses me back. This moment is perfect. Wonderful.

He turns on soft music, and we slow dance. I stare into his beautiful eyes. This was a great decision.