Chapter 7

It's Monday, and I'm ready to start over. Friday, is now just a mere memory.

I throw on my brown leather jacket. I zip up my brown combat boots, and leave the room.

I step outside, the crisp autumn chill, hits me, softly. Leaves crunch beneath my feet.

I get to my class, anxious to see Trevor. He's not there yet, but I know he'll arrive soon. A few minutes pass, and Trevor walks in. He sits beside me.

"Hey," he says, as he puts his book In front of him.

"Hey," I reply. I decide not to tell him about Friday. Only Matt knows, and I'd like to keep it that way.

"How was your weekend?" His cheery voice asks.

"Great." I smile. He nods, as Professor Ryan walks to the front.

"Good morning class, I hope you all are doing well," his posh accent says. He's British.

•••

Class goes by fast, and so do three other classes. "I'm gonna go to the cafeteria, wanna come?" Trevor asks.

"Sure, just give me a sec," I reply, as I shove my books into my backpack.

"Ready?" He chuckles, as he sees me struggling. I shove my notebook in, and nod.

I get a chicken caesar wrap and some water. Trevor and I take a seat, at a random table. I immediately take a bite. "Hungry much?" He laughs.

"I skipped breakfast, okay?" I say as I chew. I see Matt, looking at me, from afar. He starts making his way to the table, along with Jen. I pretend to not see them.

"Hey guys. Mind if we sit here?" Jen asks. I smile and they both sit across from us.

"Oh, hey Jen!" Trevor says.

"Wait, you know each other?" I ask. They both nod.

"Yeah since like, 10th grade," Jen adds. I nod. 

We all make small talk, but Matt barely talks. He stares at me the whole time. Never taking his eyes off of me. I try to look like I don't notice. Although, I glance at him every so often.

•••

The day goes by fast, and I find myself in pyjamas earlier than I thought.

I open up Netflix on my laptop. I start watching Pretty Little Liars.

Matt's POV

I walk into the dorm room. It's quiet. I slowly walk into the bedroom. Alyssa is fast asleep, her head on the keyboard of her laptop.

I can't help but smile. I hate what she does to me, but also love it. When she talks to me, I feel like I can't talk anymore.

On Friday night, she asked for me to stay in her bed, because she was scared. Of course, I instantly agreed. She also hugged me, that's progress, right?

I tip toe over to her bed. I gently, move the laptop and pick her up. She twitches a little, but never wakes up. I lay her down, properly on the bed, and roll the covers on her.

Her elegant face rests, and I feel my cheeks heat up. I would leave Stephanie for her. Although, Stephanie and I have been together for a while.

But we both know, we've been sleeping with other people. I can't help it, If I was a girl, I'd be called a slut.

The only person I want now is Alyssa. It's been that way for a while. She has a boyfriend, and that just throws me off track. Maybe we could be like friends...with benefits? But I don't just want her for that, I want her as a person.

I shake off all my thoughts. It's a dumb thought. I don't have a chance.

•••

Alyssa's POV

I wake up to the annoying ring of my alarm clock. I hit the button, as hard as I can.

I get to campus. Trevor and I bump into each other. "Oh, hey girl!" Trevor cheers. I laugh.

"Hey, Trev!" I reply. We start walking to our first class.

"I got a question," Trevor says.

"What is it?" I ask. He hesitates, for a moment.

"Well, my dad is planning out this fancy dinner at my house, with my one aunt," he starts. "And I was wondering if you could come too. You know, so it could be less awkward for me."

I think about it. I don't wanna say no, because that's rude.

"Sure. When is it?" I reply.

"This Friday, just come by at 6:00 pm," he says.

"Do you not talk to your aunt? Is that why it's awkward?" I randomly ask.

"Girl, that bitch hates me! You're much more likeable than me, so that's why. And your my best friend," he says.

"Not true, why do you think you're my bestie, because I think you're likeable, duh!" I say, as I tousle his blonde hair.

"My hair looks ratchet AF now!" Trevor slaps my hand. He's been acting really funny, lately. Like one of my gay friends Dylan. He does this. But I love Dylan. I kinda think Trevor's new personality suits him. Is he gay? I mean, he doesn't have to be gay, just cause he acts like it. I'm just guessing.

"Jeez calm down!" I laugh. We get our class and it starts.