Chapter 17

I look at myself in the mirror. The long, white dress, flowing down to my feet.

Five years after meeting Matt, I'm marrying him. It was hard. But I'm so glad to be here. I love him, and he loves me.

At first I was scared. Scared, he would keep playing me. He dropped his habits for me. Just for me.

"You look beautiful." I turn to see Jen, one of my bridesmaids there. Also my best friend. She's also Matt's sister, so now my sister-in-law. Since i bumped into her on campus, that one day. I wouldn't have met Matt if it weren't for her.

"Thanks," I breathe out.

"Ready?" She brings her arm out.

"Ready."

•••

Jen walks me down the aisle. I don't have a father to do so, but he's watching me for above, same with my mom. 'Here Comes the Bride' plays as I gaze at Matt. Stood there, smiling at me, in his grey suit.

I make it up there, and stand in front of him. We hold hands, as the priest starts talking. We stare into each other's eyes. "You look gorgeous," he whispers.

"You look handsome," I reply.

"Matthew Joseph Hemmings, do you take Alyssa Marie Winters to be your lawfully wedded wife?" He asks.

"I do," Matt says.

"Do you, Alyssa Marie Winters, take Matthew Joseph Hemmings to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," I smile.

"Well, by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife," the priest says, "you may now kiss the bride."

Matt pulls me close, and kisses me. It's so magical. Sparks flew everywhere. I know we're meant to be. Everyone cheers, and claps. We pull back, and I smile at him.

•••

"I can't believe I'm now married to the most beautiful girl in the world," Matt says. I smile, as I take off my makeup. The celebration is over, and we returned to our small apartment.

"I can't believe I'm married to the most handsome man in the world!" I cheer, as I walk over to him. I undo my dress, and it pools on the floor.

"I love you..." He breathes, as I sit close to him, and kiss him.

"I love you too," I giggle. "Can I say something crazy?"

"Yes," he looks at me.

"I want a family," I reply instantly. His eyes widen.

"Can I say something crazier?" He pauses, as I nod. "Me too!"

"Yes!" I giggle, he slides into me.