Trying Hard To see Past The Block. Chapter 4

"Sookie?" I titled my head to the side. I tried really hard to keep my expression calm even tho my head was pounding. She must have been trying to push herself to read my mind.

'why can’t I hear her again?' She broke her gaze and blinked. 

"oh yeah sorry I was just thinking about something." she slightly frowned. "hey since you're new in town I guessing you don't have a place to stay yet right?" she asked. 

"well I was just gonna stay at a motel or something" I shrugged, I could already tell where this was gonna go. 

"well stay with me. I have a house not too far from here and I'd wouldn't mind the company." she said kindly. Should I go with her? *I've seen this before she's gonna cut you up and bury you underneath her house!* my inner voice joked. 

Well only one way to check. Even tho I had what was beginning to feel Like a strong headache I listened in to her thoughts. 'i know if I was in this kind of situation I'd like an offer like this.' her voice in her mind said . I suddenly started to see glimpses of images of a house. I saw a nice living room, a really awesome kitchen and a cute little porch, It looked really cozy. 

I smiled at her, something said trust her and I breathed out calmly.

"alright, I would really love that if you don't mind of course" I asked meekly. 

"then it's settled you'll come with me, my shift ends at 1am so I'll take you then " she started getting up to finish her work. I reached for the small burger that still remained on my plate pretending that everything was normal.

Once I noticed she was out of sight, I rubbed my temples; I felt a small throbbing in my temples and closed my eyes. Okay new rule be more aware of sookie and concentrate a little better. I sighed tiredly.

So she's a telepath, although it seems like she still hasn't gotten the full control of her powers just yet. I picked up my burger and it was barely warm.

Should I? I looked around very carefully to make sure no one was staring at me. Everyone was busy looking at other things, surprisingly minding their own business.

I stared at my burger holding it in my hands just hovering over the plate. And as I was concentrating on it I felt my hands get warmer and warmer, slowly heating up the burger like my own personal stove. Soon enough it became hot enough that steam came out of it.

  Perfect, my hands started cooling down and I took a big bite. I've already described how the chili tasted so you get the idea of how the food in general here tastes. After I finished my burger, I started to get really sleepy. 

I yawned and scooted all the way against the wall and leaned against it. I just remembered that I didn't even bother sleeping yesterday because I was up all night packing. I rubbed my eyes, placed my arm on the table and leaned my head on it then I closed my eyes.

"if you're sleepy you can rest in my office" I slowly opened my eyes and saw Sam. He smiled at me and leaned against the booth with his arms crossed over his chest.

"oh that sounds nice but I'm just " I started and interrupted myself with a small yawn.

"waiting for sookie to finish?" he finished for me. I sleepily nodded. He lightly chuckled. "well she'll get off in another.." he checked his watch"  two hours, so you're more than welcome to relax for a bit. It's much more comfortable in there." he suggested. 

I gave in and nodded. I took out a wad of 20 dollar bill from my pocket and placed it on the table. Then I started to get out of the booth.

"keep your money darlin' " he said. I stubbornly shook my head.

"no way you guys are really awesome it's really the least I can do." I smiled. He smiled too, shrugged and started leading the way towards his office I sluggishly followed. I didn't really look around, my eyes were tired and my body was ready to drop.

Sam opened a door and we walked into a small room, I stepped towards the chair, but heard a squeak like something metal. I looked towards the sound and saw Sam extending out a small cot. 

"wow you have everything here" I joked. He looked towards me and smirked.

"I've had days where i just want to pass out for a bit." he patted the cot and I laid down. "now you just rest now alright?" 

I basically collapsed and he placed a blanket over me, I felt really loved. I couldn't help but smile like an idiot. He stared at me lovingly but not in the 'I want to kiss you ' look more like the ' I'll protect you like my own flesh and blood' I started closing my eyes and mumbled

"you guys are so amazing, and I....."I started drifting off" really, really appreciate it" I fell into darkness and felt my body float off.

~~~~~^^^^^^ jello lol well thats all i wanted to say haha see ya later^^^^~~~~~

-songs of the day-

the final epsiode- asking alexandria

not the american average- asking alexandria

she loves you- the beatles

<3 i love my music.<3