Chapter Three; Girl's Day and Going on Girlfriend

Blake sat beside me as we got pedicures. "So, you're telling me you ran him over with a grocery cart and he still asks you out?" I gave her the look. "Blake, it's not that bad. He didn't get that hurt. You're acting like I killed him." She sat her phone under her thigh. "It probably felt like you did. And also, he told you that blue pixie sticks were the best? Hm, good taste. I already like him." I let out a laugh.

"So Naomi is with your mom today?" She asked and looked over at me. "Yeah, mom has been wanting some time with her. She is going to have her on Saturday too." Blake nodded. "Okay, so you have to tell me all about Paul!" She squealed and looked at me. "Well, I'm still getting to know him. That's why we're going on a date,"
"Well, that and because he likes you and thinks that you are pretty." She replied as she leaned back in her chair. "Blake, you've never even met him, let alone talked to him. How would you even think that?" She looked at me like I was an idiot. "What?" I asked and raised my eyebrow.

"Jenny, he has been texting you nonstop for the last twenty four hours. I can make inferences you know." I sighed. "Well, he's taking me on a surprise date and I'm really excited," I felt my cheeks heat up as the blushing spread. "AHA!" She exclaimed loudly, then realizing that, she continued whispering, "I knew it! He likes you and you like him! After your date, I swear you are going to tell me every single detail Jennifer. Or else I am going to kick that butt of yours." I laughed it off, but knew on the inside that she was deadly serious, at least in the best friend sense of it.

After our nails were done we got back into the car. "What next?" I asked looking over at her. "Well," she paused, "I was considering going to a spa, but now I believe that you and I have some shopping to do. " She smiled. "Oh yeah?" I asked, "And why might that be?" She put on her sunglasses, even though it happened to be winter and snowing outside, and glared at me while fastening her seatbelt, "Oh I don't know. You totally don't have your first date since Jarred coming up." She started driving towards the mall, "Jenny, it's a huge deal. You may not know it yet, but it is."

"Blake, the last time that I was on a date the actually mattered and determined my relationship, was in high school. Many, many years ago. Things have changed since then, trust me, my ideal date back then was playing Mario Kart or Mario Party.  I get the feeling that that isn't the trend anymore." My phone buzzed in my hand as Blake turned into the mall parking lot, "Who is it?" she asked, her eyes glued ahead of her. "Yours Truly." I replied, glancing down at my screen.

Wear something warm tomorrow :-) you'll need it -Paul

"Well? What did he say?" She said, keeping her eyes glued on the road. "To wear something warm. Look I could honestly just throw on something at home. I don't have the motivation, let alone energy, to go out to the mall today. So maybe some other time. Let's just go back home, okay?" She huffed out a loud breath, "You're no fun anymore, you know that?" She had a wide smirk plastered on her face. "Get over it." I laughed and turned up the radio.

"Oh crap!" She suddenly yelled. "I totally forgot that I have a huge client meeting today! Jenny, I'm so sorry. I won't be able to come over." She looked genuinely upset. "Hey, it's cool." I smiled "just get me home first alright." I joked.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

When I woke up the first thought that came to my mind was the date. Of course Paul was being super cute about it and texting me clues as to what our surprise date was. I was still stumped and trying to figure out what it was. All I knew at this point was that I needed to dress warm, have good balance, silly little things like that. So I threw on a pair of blue jeans and a tee-shirt and awaited for the arrival of his car. Of course, I had gotten ready forty-five minutes earlier than I should have, so I was sitting on the floor by the front door.

Eventually the doorbell rang and I jumped up and all-too-eagerly pulled open the door. And there stood Paul... holding a rose in his hand. My heart fluttered as he handed it to me, and it was obvious to me that I was blushing, but at this point I didn't care. "You ready to go?" He asked, once again smiling. "Of course." I smiled back with the same enthusiasm.

He was me over to his car and opened my door for me. Then walked around and hopped into his side of the car and started driving. Of course, like I had said, I had no idea of what the surprise date could have been. Although as we got farther and farther it struck me. I finally understood all of the hints and only because I figured it out by the area of town we were in.

And he finally parked the car. "So have you ever ice-skated before?" He asked looking over at me. I swallowed, "Nope." I replied. "Oh, well you'll get the hand of it pretty fast." He got out of the car and we hurried inside. Pushing open the crystal-clean front doors and waking up to the line to get our skates. I looked out to the ice, noticing how it wasn't very occupied. Though, most people must be out skating on real ponds, considering that it's winter.

Paul hand me my skates and helped me get them on. "You ready?" I nodded, even though in my head I was screaming no. "Awesome, let's go." He grabbed my hand and escorted me out the the ice. I placed my hand on the wall for support, while my other one was grasping Paul's. I was wobbling and trying not to face plant, although Paul was still trying to be encouraging to me. "Alright, I'm going to let go now." He would say, although he didn't. He said it once more, and actually let go.

I felt all sense if balance that I ever had vanish. All sense of support disappeared. I probably made it about three feet before I face planted into the glass wall and fell onto the ice. Paul rushed over to me. "Aw crap, I'm so sorry, this is all my fault. Are you okay? Come here, I'll take care of that." He grabbed onto me and carefully removed me from the ice skating premises to the bathroom, where he sat me down on top of a closed toilet seat. I looked at his shirt and noticed the red all over it. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry.. I totally just ruined your shirt!" I groaned as I realized that my nose was bleeding.

He got a paper towel and wet it down in warm water before walking back over. "Hey, it's okay," he smiled, "as long as you are okay." He took it and placed it on my nose carefully. "We're going to have to ice this. It may be broken, but I'm no doctor." He moved a piece of hair out of my face and I felt a sense of comfort and warmth.
"I thought you would've known I was a klutz." I laughed. "Why would I think that?" He joked. "Oh I don't know, I totally didn't maul you over with a shopping cart." We both laughed and he smiled at me. 
He pulled back the paper towel and examined my nose. "I think that it's all cleared up now." I smiled at him. "Thank you." I looked at him as he stood up from his crouch position. "My pleasure." He held out his hand and helped me up.

____

"Are you sure that you're okay?" He asked again. "Yes. I'm positive Paul." He'd asked me multiple times throughout the car ride. "I'll go to a quick care or something tomorrow and text you how it goes." He pulled up in front of my house and parked the car. He exited his side and walked over to open my door again. He walked me all the way up to my door and kissed me on the cheek and made sure I could get into my house. 

"I'm sorry that that was a total bust." He apologized again before heading back to his car. But the thing he didn't realize, is how that wasn't a total bust.

I think he has the potential to be the one. 

/////////////

Helloo!! Im back with a new update! I'm sorry it took like 6 months but I made it extra long for ya. I love your all's feedback so please do continue to comment and vote and that will motivate me to write more!

I want to thank Everyone who's voted and commented so far <3 

Lemme know your thoughts about that chapter!  ~~~ Bye everyone!!