Chances

England P.O.V

Thump thump thump ... The sound of my heart hearing  this news. The perfect chance to confess , the perfect chance to make him mine , the perfect chance for love-

"I still love her though " Alfred said with hoarse voice . My heart aches , why did I think he would be over her? I am truly and idiot , the biggest.

"Alfred time will pass and you will eventually forget her," I say trying the best not to let my voice crack , I clench my hands as they rest on my lap and use my bangs to cover my face as my lips quiver with anger and heart break .

"It hurts , Arthur it hurts." He whined .  Welcome to the club you idiot I've been rejected before I even confessed and you don't even hear me whine like you !

"Say Alfred?"

"Yeah"

"How about we hang out together on my next day off  ?" I stay trying to be a little uplifting .

"When will that be?" He sniffles while rubbing his puffed eyes .

"Next Sunday, we can go eat and watch the new superhero movie if you'd like?"  I say

"Yeah I'd like that , thanks for your support Arthur." He smiled genuinely before getting up and running a hand in his hair . "Well I will be taking my leave , sorry to trouble you with this." With that he exited the room and I heard the tapping of his feet become more and more distant with every step he took.

I go over and sit in my desk running a hand though my hair and sighing. "What the hell am I doing?"