8. Awkward

AUSTIN

"Where are we going, Brit?" Austin asked in a bored whisper. He wanted to be with Teri not with Britney the attention seeker!

"It's a surprise for the guy who won us the game!" Britney giggled highly.

She had pulled Austin through the restaurant and back outside. She pushed him up against the window and braced her hand on either side of him.

What the heck?!

"Brit? What the hell are you doing?!" Austin asked hesitantly.

"Giving you your surprise," Britney purred seductively.

Austin turned his head slightly to look into the restaurant. His friends were watching him amusement on their faces. His eyes then focused on Teri staring at him in disbelief. Dave was sitting next to her, his arm draped over the back of her chair.

Austin gently pushed Britney away and sidestepped her. "I'm really hungry...I, umm, am going to go eat now," he stammered turning tail and jogging back into the restaurant.

Austin took the chair opposite Teri and smiled at her before tucking in to the burger in front of him.

"Could I start the interview? It's getting quite late-" Teri murmured but was cut off by Adrian.

"Fine! You are so pushy! But fine! Go ahead. What do you want to know?"

"Wait! Before that! Aust, I need a ride home, care to oblige?" Joseph asked from across the table. Austin nodded automatically shoving a fry into his mouth.

"Me too!" Britney declared.

Teri could have sworn she saw Austin shudder slightly, but he nodded his head anyway.

"How about you, Teri? Need a ride home?" Austin asked suddenly.

TERI

Teri was torn. 

She really wanted to go with Austin and keep an eye on Britney, but she wasn't really that thrilled at the thought of being stuck in the back of his car again. 

Her breath caught at the mere thought of it. 

She must have hesitated too long, for Austin's shoulders drooped and he looked slightly disappointed. 

"Yes I'd like a ride please," she said with a small smile. 

"Oh gag me," Britney said, rolling her eyes. "Don't give him the cute act you little twerp he won't fall for it." 

Teri gave her sweetest smile, and she was glad to see it enraged Britney even more. 

"Then it's settled then," Austin said with his smile back in place. Teri felt butterflies in her tummy when she saw that smile again. 

"What about me?" Dave asked, with his mouth stiffed half full with burger. "I need a ride home too!"

"You could ride with me," Adrian offered, thumping Dave on the back. Dave looked rather nervous to be in a car with 4 older guys, but Adrian whispered something in his ear which and he nodded in agreement. 

Teri had a suspicion it had something to do with herself and Austin, and sure enough, Dave and Adrian both glanced as one towards her. 

"Well don't just sit around yapping," Bruce said, "don't you guys have an interview?" 

Teri mentally slapped herself as she suddenly remembered why they were there in the first place. Taking out her pen and notepad, she faced the large group of boys before her and began her interview.