4. The Library

TERI

'Focus Teri! FOCUS!' Teri thought frustratingly to herself. She was walking toward the general direction of the cafeteria, having only just been told of its whereabouts from her new friend, Dave Gomez. 

They had met in Math class, Dave was sitting near the window and their teacher, Ms. Phillis, seated Teri right next to him. 

They were rather reluctant to talk to each other, but eventually found something to talk about. They ended up in a debate about the differences between the Star Wars trilogy and Startrek and what would happen if they had a crossover. 

After class let out, Dave had to go off to run an errand for his mother, and after pointing toward the west wing of the school and telling her that was where the cafeteria was, he left. 

So she headed toward where Dave had indicated, following the wave of students heading the same way. 

After awhile, she felt herself drift off as she walked, to thoughts about Austin. To his muscular, yet slim build. To his light toned skin, probably from playing sports in the sun. Ultimately, she felt herself dreaming about his light brown eyes and that beautiful smile. 

She shook her head, and glanced around her. The students that surrounded her were all gone. 

She turned around and saw that the hallway she was in was almost completely deserted. Panicking slightly, she started heading back toward where she had come from. 

She figured she had made a wrong turn somewhere. 

After a few moments of searching, she found the library. Figuring she could ask for help in there, she opened the door, and walked head first into Austin.

AUSTIN

Austin was bent over looking through some of the sci-fi story books to distract himself. What he really needed was some story that took place in a faraway planet. At least then he wouldn't give his imagination any time to rest on Teri.

The door of the library swung open, nearly smacking Austin where he was crouched. He got up irritably and turned around, deciding to head back to the cafeteria. He dumped the Star Wars book he had in his hand on the table.

Having not paid much attention to anything, Austin walked right into Teri. The both of them staggered backwards, only Teri actually fell over.

Austin quickly went over to her to pull her to her feet. Her face was an adorable shade of red.

"Sorry?" Austin tried, feeling bad for knocking her over.

"It's okay," she whispered back, dropping her eyes to the ground, her face still red.

They stood facing each other like that for a few moments, both awkwardly not knowing what to say.

'How insanely stupid you are, Niall! You think about the girl all day, and now that she's right in front of you, you can't think of a single thing to say?!' he scolded himself.

Just then someone cleared their throat from behind them loudly. Snapping back to reality, Austin moved to the side so he wasn't blocking the exit.

"You like Star Wars?" Teri asked abruptly, her eyes on the book Austin had laid on the table.

Austin felt himself blush a little. All his old friends used to laugh at him for liking Star Wars. 'Why couldn't you have been looking through a more suave book?' he berated himself silently.

"Umm, yeah. I know it's kind of lame and all...but yeah," he murmured quietly, running his hand through his hair, his tell tale sign of nervousness.