Fitz

Fitz knew Ward took her. It had to be him. The operation conducted on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s newly placed base was too precise, too ruthless to not be Ward. To have pulled it off, he and his lackeys must've scoped out the compound, probably over a couple of weeks. Fitz cursed under his breathe. He let his love get kidnapped for a second time.

Jemma getting nabbed wasn't the only catastrophe that occurred. Bobbi was shot in the left shoulder and stomach, Hunter's head was grazed by a bullet, Coulson lost his robot hand, May was shot in the right thigh and had a nasty gash on her cheek from a knife fight. Daisy, Fitz, Lincoln, Joey, and Mack were the only ones to make it relatively unscathed.

Coulson, after attaching another hand to his arm, held a meeting with the team members not receiving medical treatment. That was everyone except May and Bobbi. The director started speaking now, and was probably saying something important, but Fitz couldn't handle it. Slipping out of the room as quietly as he could, he marched tensely to his quarters, blood boiling.

Fitz was angry. Angry at Ward, his goons, the cosmos, but most of all himself. He let Jemma get taken not once, but twice. What kind of boyfriend was he? Normal boyfriends might forget to call once or twice, but no, Fitz got his girl kidnapped.

Distraught, he just lay on his bed, pondering his next move. He then somewhat regretted leaving the meeting. Coulson probably had a plan about what to do next, how to strike. Pulling out his phone, he settled on texting Daisy to get a recap of the gathering, and for an update on Bobbi.

The engineer was just opening his messaging application when an incoming call popped up on his screen.

"That's peculiar... Blocked number.." He murmured, staring at the device perplexed.

Fitz elected to answer it, hoping somehow it would be a help to finding Jemma somehow.

"Hello?" He asked timidly.

"Hey, Fitz, glad you picked up."

When Fitz heard the voice on the other end, his blood ran cold, and he sat bolt upright. "Ward? What do you want?"

"It's what you want, Fitz. I have Jemma. And you have something I would really like to have. Maybe we could make a trade."

"With what? What do you want?" Fitz was smart, and he knew he could track Ward's phone if he kept him on the line long enough. He pulled out his laptop and began the process. He had to keep Ward jabbering.

"I've been watching you for a few weeks. I know you've been doing research on Maveth, and I want it. Give it to me, and you get Simmons back."

Fitz's jaw clinched, simmering at how Jemma was just a bargaining chip now. "No deal, Ward. Are you just gonna keep her forever?"

"Oh, no. She's expendable, but I have someone I'd like for her to talk to first." Ward snarled from the phone. Fitz was furiously typing now, close to a location.

"You're not getting off so easy this time, Grant." Fitz said back menacingly, trying to sound more serious with the use of his first name.

"Well, I think I will. You want your girl, Fitz? Come get her."

That was exactly what Fitz planned to do. He had a location.

________________
Wow, sorry that took so long to write. My soccer games start Monday, so I've been practicing like crazy. Hope you like it!

All feedback appreciated!

UNEDITED

❤️❤️❤️❤️