Chapter 10- New Allies

Noah's pov
I take Richelle back to where I set up camp with my other two allies- James and Riley. They're really nice people and were happy to accept Richelle as an alliance. The truth is, I kind of like Richelle and I don't want to leave her alone in the games. However, this is The Hunger Games and either one of us or both of us are going to dir by the end. This is so unfair!

"You must be Richelle." Riley says and shakes hands.
"Yeah. Riley snd James right?" Richelle asks.
"Yeah." James and Riley say at the same time.
"Have you killed anyone yet?" Richelle asks.
"No. I don't really want to." Riley says.
"Me too. I don't think I could bring myself to do it." Richelle says.
"Oh I killed Stephanie five minutes ago." I but in.
"The career?" James asks.
"That's how I saved Richelle." I say.
"Aw." Riley says.
"Killing people. Cute isn't it." I say sarcastically, trying to hide my feelings for Richelle.
"Not when you put it like that!" Riley says and playfully slaps me.

Suddenly we hear the bush shake. James grabs his bow and arrow whilst I grab a knife. The girls back up.
"Who goes there?" James yells.
"Me." Someone says and shoots an arrow.
Luckily, they miss.

James' pov
Instinctively, I shoot an arrow into the bush not realising what I just did. Have I just killed someone? Me and Noah walk over to the body. Yep they're dead. Boom! The cannon goes off. But who is it? Oh it's Amanda from district ten. The arrow I shot is sticking out of her heart. That's how she died so quickly.

I look at Noah because he is the one who already killed someone.
"Good job. She's dead." He says.
"Thanks I guess." I say and the large machine comes and takes her body away.
"She's gone." Noah says to the girls who were huddled together.
"You killed her?" Riley asks.
"Yeah." I say.
"Who was it?" Richelle asks.
"Amanda." Noah replies.
"No! She helped me learn how to use a bow and arrow in the training centre. You didn't need to kill her!" Richelle exclaims.
"Sorry." I say.
"What's done is done." Riley says.
"We didn't know that you liked her." Noah says and puts his arm around Richelle to comfort her.

I look at Riley and she looks at me.
"They so like each other." I mouth.
"I know right!" She mouths back.

Richelle's pov
Suddenly everything goes dark. I guess the game makers have made it turn to night time. Riley snuggles up to James and I snuggle up to Noah when they aren't looking. I may have a bit of a crush on Noah and now that we're alliances, it's great!

The sky lights up and shows us everyone who has died today. I'm surprised that I survived my first day. Well I almost died but Noah saved me. Abi, Chad, Skylar, Daniel, Nick, Cierra, Jake, Stephanie and Amanda's photos appear. Nine people died on day one. Nine! That means that there are only fifteen more people left in the games. I just hope I survive. I hope me and Noah survive but I know that will never happen. The odds are not in my favour!