Chapter 9- I'll protect you

Richelle's pov
I hear the career tributes running after me- Emily, Eldon, West and Stephanie. Michelle and Hunter were also careers but they went off together to kill more of us faster. Three people run past me- Thalia, Cierra and Jake. They were all probably allies. I look back quickly and see that Eldon, Emily and West had gone off to kill them. It was only me and Stephanie left.

She corners me to a bush. I try and escape but she has a bow and arrow in her hand. She stands about two meters away from me. I see her pull her fingers back as she aims the arrow at me. This is the end. I'm going to die.

Suddenly someone jumps out from the bush with a knife and throws it into Stephanie's chest. I gasp and cover my face with my hands. Somehow I thought that they wouldn't see me but the person did.

"Richelle I can see you." The voice says.
Wait a minute that voice sounds familiar. I take my hands away from my face and see Noah standing there.
"Please don't kill me." I say.
"I won't, don't worry." He says.
"Thank you and thanks for saving me." I say and look at the dead girl on the floor.
"No problem." He says and pulls the knife out of her chest.

Then her cannon goes off and so do two more.
"I wander who else is dead." I say.
"I don't know but the careers will be back. Come on we have to keep moving." He says.
"We?" I ask.
"Well don't you want to be my ally?" He asks.
"I'd love to." I say.
"Let's go that way." He says and we start walking.

West's pov
I just killed Jake and Eldon killed Cierra. Thalia escaped Emily's grasp. However, we heard Richelle's cannon go off so we're just going to find Stephanie.

Once we get to where we left her, we don't see Richelle dead on the floor. Instead, we see Stephanie. A giant machine comes down and takes her body away. So that was Stephanie's cannon, not Richelle's. Well at least we know who did it. Richelle. She's never going to get away with this.

"We must track Richelle down and kill her!" I yell.
"We have to! She killed Stephanie!" Emily yells.
Emily and Stephanie instantly clicked when they met. They were like best friends and now that Stephanie is dead, Emily will get revenge.

Who died this chapter-
Stephanie- district 3
Cierra- district 4
Jake- district 4