Chapter 5

The next week passed by fairly quickly and uneventfully. Invitations were passed out, wedding gifts were bought, final preparations were made. Finally, the day of the wedding arrived. Emma was a basket of nerves, but it was an excited kind of nervous.

She was down in the Captain's Quarters getting ready. They had decided to have the wedding on the main deck of the Jolly Roger. It was private and public at the same time, and just big enough for their friends and families. Emma begged Killian for use of his quarters for her preparation. She argued that he didn't need that much room to get ready, while there were going to be enough people getting her in her dress to fill their whole bedroom in the house. Of course he eventually caved.

Emma was examining herself in the mirror. She looked more beautiful than she had ever imagined possible. Her hair was in a loose bun with curled strands falling on either side of her face; her makeup was light but perfect for her, and for this day. She was so caught up in her reflection that David had to knock twice before she heard him. "Come in," she called. He opened the door and took in a breath at the sight of his daughter. He put his arm around Mary Margaret, and the two admired their daughter on the last day that she would be unmarried. Tears of joy were streaming from Mary Margaret's eyes as she kissed David and Emma on the cheek and left to walk down the makeshift aisle.

David looked at Emma and held out his arm for her. "You ready?" he asked. "I've never been more ready for anything in my life," she responded with a smile, taking his arm. They walked slowly up the stairs from the Captain's quarters and then they were on deck, surrounded by people. There was no music, because it was the deck of a ship for goodness sake, so they just waited until everyone stood, acknowledging the presence of the bride.

Emma looked straight ahead at Killian, who was dressed in an all-black tux, no leather in sight for once. He was looking down nervously, but he looked up when people stood. His lovely blue eyes found Emma's immediately, but then they ran down the length of her dress and tears came to his eyes. She was breathtakingly beautiful. Her dress was fitted and floor-length, plain white silk with a bejeweled belt at her waist; the small sleeves hung just off her shoulders. It was simple, like she was, but just elegant enough to represent the fact that she was technically a princess.

As Emma walked towards him, the world seemed to contain just the two of them, moving in slow-motion. She finally reached him, and David kissed her hand before placing it in Killian's hook. Naturally, no one had any objections, so they began their vows and the wedding went on. When Granny said "You may kiss the bride," Killian did, and it was one of their best kisses ever.

The reception took place at Granny's, and then David, Mary Margaret, Henry, Robin, and Regina went back to Emma and Hook's house. Most people would leave the married couple alone on the night of their wedding, but not this group. They were sitting on couches and watching TV, and everyone was very relaxed. Emma thought it was the perfect time to ask Regina about the protection spell for the baby. Then she remembered she hadn't told her, or Henry for that matter, that she was pregnant.

"So, there's something I've been meaning to tell you two," she said to Regina and Henry. They turned and looked at her, whatever mindless sitcom was on TV forgotten as they saw the huge smile on Emma and Killian's faces. "You're having a baby aren't you?" Regina said, smirking. Emma's smile fell a little. "You ruined my surprise," she joked. They laughed and Emma was knocked back by Henry's surprising hug. She laughed as she hugged back, realizing how strong he'd gotten in the past few months. He'd also gotten a lot taller, so he was her height now. "Woah, careful Henry," she said, "you've gotten so much bigger lately."

They all laughed and then Henry went back to sitting by Regina. "We need your help with something," Killian told Regina. She looked worried for a moment. "What could the savior and the love of her life need my help with?" she asked, trying to keep the worry from her voice. "Well, Rumplestilskin wants Killian's firstborn child, which would be this child. We want to put a protection spell on the baby so Rumple can't get it, but I won't have the strength to cast the spell right after giving birth," Emma explained. "So, we were wondering if you would be there to cast the protection spell as soon as the baby's born," Killian finished. Regina smiled at the way he started the thought, then she chipped in, and then he completed it. They were so perfect together, as much as she was surprised to hear herself even think that.

"I would be glad to help in any way possible," Regina smiled, "including this." Everyone in the room cheered, getting a light-hearted feeling with the reassurance that everything would be ok. "Why does Rumplestilskin want Killian's child?" Robin asked, bringing up something Regina had wondered about, but not asked. "It's a long story, starting where our paths first crossed," Killian said, "with Milah." He then explained the rest of the story.

A small cry was heard from the ground, where Mary Margaret and Regina both looked down to check on the babies they brought with them. Neal wasn't crying, but Zelena and Robin's baby was, so Regina picked her up and rocked her until she stopped crying and fell asleep in her arms. "I guess we should go now," Robin whispered, smiling at the wonderful sight of the woman he loved with his child in her arms. He wished he could have this with her, but if this was the closest they could come it would be good enough for him.

"Can I stay with Emma tonight?" Henry asked. Regina laughed, then looked at Emma. "I don't see why not kid," she said. He smiled and hugged her again. She looked at Killian, and he shrugged, showing that he was okay with Henry staying as well. Everyone else left, and Henry said he wasn't ready to go to bed yet, so they decided to stay up and watch a movie. He wanted to watch "Pirates of the Carribean", so they did, and Hook laughed at the absurdity of the pirates in that movie, saying they got everything wrong.

Later on, Henry got into bed in the guest room in their house, which essentially belonged to Henry because no one else stayed there. Emma tucked him in, even though he was "too old" for that now. She kissed him on the forehead before turning off the light and walking out. Then she got into bed, and her and Killian spent their first night as Mr. and Mrs. Killian Jones.