Chapter 13

WARNING: This chapter is super long, and I'm really sorry I just got carried away when I was writing it. I hope everyone enjoys it, just wanted to warn y'all that it's long :)

Emma cracked her eyes open and saw sunshine leaking through the window. She popped up quickly, realizing she had slept until morning. She must have been truly exhausted, but she felt very well-rested now. She started making her way to the kitchen to get breakfast, but on the way she passed the nursery and heard voices coming through the closed door. She knocked and the voices quieted and then she opened the door.

The crowd of people in the small room crowded around the door, apparently trying to block her view of something. She stood on her tiptoes, attempting to look over them, but Killian wrapped her in a hug, pulling her back down to normal height. "Good morning love," he whispered, kissing her on the forehead, "I would ask how you slept, but apparently very well considering you slept 16 hours." He smiled at her and Emma shook her head. "Sorry. I just meant to take a little nap and then come back and help set everything up, not sleep all afternoon and night," she apologized.

Regina spoke up next. "Well, it worked out in our favor that you slept so long," she said. Mary Margaret smiled and elaborated: "We wanted to surprise you with something, and it wouldn't have been done if you only slept a few hours, but now we're finished!" As she finished speaking, the group parted so Emma could see the whole room, which had successfully been turned into a nursery overnight.

She gasped in surprise as a huge smile spread across her face. "I don't even have the words to express how thankful I am for this!" she exclaimed. "Well, there are other ways of showing appreciation," Killian teased, leaning in for a kiss. "Watch it, pirate," David warned jokingly. The nursery had been painted by Emma and Killian a few weeks earlier, but now it was fully furnished with a crib and matching changing table, a dresser and the closet contained little baby dresses.

"Where did you guys get all of this stuff?" Emma asked incredulously. "Well, the crib and changing table are from when Henry was a baby," Regina explained, "And Belle brought by a lot of dresses. She said shopping for the baby was the least she could do to make up for Rumple's behavior, and she revealed that she hasn't seen him since he left the hospital." Emma nodded, taking all of this information in stride. "We brought a few of the dresses too," Mary Margaret interjected, pulling out a beautiful little dress, though a little formal for anything Emma would ever attend.

"It's gorgeous, but why so fancy?" Emma teased. "It was going to be the dress you wore when we presented you to the kingdom," David told her proudly, "Now, Sayloire can wear it for her first town event." "What, my newborn has an itinerary?" Emma joked. "Of course. You can't expect the daughter of the saviour and a former villain to not be in high demand. Everyone wants to meet her," Mary Margaret said.

Emma shook her head. "We need to wait a little while, until we're sure that Gold's not in town anymore, before we take her out. Anyone that wants to come see her can come here, but only close friends," Emma explained. "Alright, but the first time she goes to Granny's she has to wear this dress," Mary Margaret grumbled.

"Is anyone else hungry?" Henry asked. Everyone laughed, but then the group did slowly migrate to the kitchen. Mary Margaret and David got there first and started rummaging through the cabinets, looking for food that they seemed to be failing at finding. "Do you people not eat?" David asked. "We eat plenty, we just don't cook much," Hook replied, shutting all of the cabinets the other two had left open.

"We do have lots of cereal," Emma offered. "If that's all you have I guess it'll work, but our next group project should be feeding the hungry," Regina responded smartly. "Kid you know where the cereal is, go get it," Emma told Henry. He ran to get the cereal and came back with 4 different kinds. "I didn't know what everyone liked, so I brought it all," he said with a smile, dropping the boxes on the table.