Chapter 12

I can't believe this story has done so well! I didn't think I'd even get to chapter 6, so THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS SUPPORTED THIS!!! I owe you all so so so much!!!

And sorry it's so short! It was either this or nothing..

You know the drill:

Vote

Comment

Fan?

Enjoy... :)

My cheeks burned with embarrassment.

How long had she been standing there?

I was all too aware of the fact that I was still pinned to the ground under Senan’s toned body.

He didn’t seem to have any inclination to get off.

“Can’t…breath…” I muttered. In an instant he pushed himself off of me and instead rested his weight on his arms.

“Sorry.”

“Would you mind getting up? A member of my pack wants to speak with me.”

“Yes, I would mind.”

I rolled my eyes at his childish antics.

“Well, tough. I have a job to do, and so do you, so hop it.”

He huffed and stuck his lower lip out.

“Are you pouting? Ha! You look like a girl!”

He growled, “I do not!”

“Yeah, you do. And I’m not a lesbian so…I guess I’m going to have to find a new mate.”

He glared at me and I smirked up at him. Lightly, I patted his cheek and attempted to push him off me. It wasn’t working.

I sighed. “I didn’t want to resort to using threats but you’re forcing my hand here… Get off me or I will never kiss you again.”

His mouth dropped open and his green orbs widened.

“You wouldn’t!”

I gave him a levelled look.

“Oh, but you know I would.”

His breath tickled my ear as he leaned in to whisper to me. “When you’re done, you owe me my prize for winning the game. Plus whatever length of time you’re gone.”

My breathing hitched at his intent.

He dragged his lips across my cheek, leaving a blazing trail of electricity in their wake. His tongue flicked out and traced my lips before pecking them quickly.

And again.

Followed by a third not so short and sweet kiss. It was rough and screamed passion.

It held a promise for what was to come later.

A shiver passed up my spine.

He rolled away and I jumped to my feet, pulling my t-shirt down and walking swiftly towards one of my new pack members.

“Can I speak with you somewhere he won’t be able to hear?” Her usually sarcastic and acidic voice was timid.

I nodded and motioned for her to follow me to my new office.

Once inside I locked the door and fell into my chair.

I watched her expectantly.

My ears were met with silence.

I thought she wanted to talk to me about something?

“Angelica, you can speak you know. What’s up?” This shocked her, that much I could see from her expression. I was being awfully informal for an alpha, but I honestly didn’t care.

She raised her eyes to meet mine and they were shining with unshed tears.

“I-I wanted to tell you that I n-never knew about you and Alpha Senan. I really didn’t know you were mates. Otherwise I wouldn’t have done anything with him-.”

“Stop. I know you didn’t. I mean, how could you? We didn’t tell anybody! Don’t worry about it.”

“Thank you…your forgiveness means a lot to me. I also wanted to thank you for-for dealing with Darren when he… You know. If it was anyone else, especially after what I did to you, they would have walked away. They would have left me powerless against…what he wanted to do to me again.”

Again?! What do you mean?” I asked my voice rising in horror. The tears spilled down her cheeks and I passed her a tissue.

“That wasn’t the first time he’s wanted some action from me. Because he’s the alpha’s son, he had more dominance over me and therefore could tell me to keep my mouth shut. He decided he likes me. Or rather my body. I couldn’t do anything to stop him! He-he raped me! No-one heard my screams! Nobody helped me!”

She was sobbing uncontrollably now, her thin frame convulsing with fear and pain. Instantly, I came to her side and held her tightly against my chest. It wasn’t awkward; the situation was too serious for that word to even be hinted at.

“Shh,” I told her, “He can’t hurt you anymore. He can’t get you. You’re safe. You’re in my care, and I swear that he will never harm you again.”

I planned to keep my promise.

Later, she pulled herself together and gave me a watery smile.

“Where’s your mate?” I asked. Had she not found him yet?

Her large blue eyes froze me in place. The pain within their depths was palpable in the air around us. She couldn’t even cry.

“H-he was banished from D-Darren’s pack. D-Darren t-told Steven that I was dead! H-he used his alpha powers t-to make him b-believe I was gone!” Her tears came back with a vengeance. I had to give her credit; she was a strong girl.

“That’s- I can’t even begin to describe how horrific that is. Have you ever looked for him? What about your wolf bond?”

“I hadn’t even met him yet, so I didn’t know! He saw me and knew who I was to him! Darren saw the look and a day later we had one less pack member! I caught his scent and recognised it, but it was too late… He was gone.” She buried her face in her hands and tried to calm herself down.

“I can still smell him! It’s as if he’s in this very room with me now!” She wailed. A moment or two later she sniffed the air. “Wait, I’m nearly certain I can smell him!”

I frowned at her confused.

She leaned in closer to me.

“It’s you! It’s on you! I can smell him on you!” Her eyes were lighting up with the beginnings of hope.

Who had I been with in the last twenty-four hours?

The rogue!

I grabbed Angelica’s shoulders in a tight grip.

“What was his fur like?”

“I-I only know what others told me, b-but they said he was a russet brown wolf.”

“I think I know where your mate is! He helped me escape those imbeciles that Darren set after me when he dumped me in the woods!”

“Really?”

“I guess you’ve just given me my first mission as your alpha.” I said grinning like a maniac at her.

“I’m going to try and find your mate.”