Just Another... Nightmare

Hello my little demons and Warriors, welcome to the first official chapter of my new book 'Homeless' I will hopefully be updating this once every week, but don't hold me to it. I have been dealing with some stuff with a friend of mine and I'll just say he's not doing well and I am trying to help him through it. Not only that, but my arm is still a little messed up from my accident. Though without further ado, the first chapter of Homeless.

My eyes shoot open and my body shivers, while my breath is shallow and quivering. I place my hand firmly over my heart and wipe away the tears threatening to fall with the other one. It's been two years since I got my life back together and I'm still plagued by these nightmares. I throw the covers off of my legs and swing them over the edge of the bed and place them on the floor. Shivering slightly when my feet touch the cold hard wood, I stand up. Walking over to the window I throw open the curtains and sigh sadly when I see that it's still dark, 'I can never get a good night's sleep'. I thought bitterly.

I walk to the bathroom and turn on the shower, quickly looking in the mirror I rub the sleep from my eyes. Taking my toothbrush I quickly brush my teeth and rinse before slipping out of my boxers and hopping in the shower. I scrub my body hard, trying to rid the feeling of the grim that still seems to be imprinted on my skin even after all these years. How long did I live like that, seventeen years. Seventeen years on my own, didn't know of any family back then and I still don't. Sighing sadly I finish washing up and hop out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my waist I walk to my closet. I throw a pair of charcoal jeans, a burgundy hoody, and black Denim jacket over top of that.

Walking over to the mirror mess up my long-ish brown hair and smile when it falls perfectly on my head. Looking back out the window I smile at the sunrise that now graces the sky, turning it into a dark orange color as it peaks over the hills in the distance. Charging out of my room I run down the dark hallway and into the living room, petting my black and white kitten Lily, who stands perched on her blue Kitty Castle, I grab my keys and run out the door. Walking down the sidewalk I spare a quick glance back at the house I have called my home for exactly a year. It took a lot of work, some work being legal, and other work on the side that I am not so proud of, but it payed off in the end, I was able to get that poor family the help they needed and I am currently renting to own this house I call home.

Speaking of legal work, my job is fun, difficult, but fun. I work as cosmetologist, though because of my past they had to have me retake the courses I took in college before I... Anyway, but they allow me to work as the cleaning crew there, and help pamper the paying as... nice people, they are all just so delightful, I love it when people purposely spill their drinks while they are getting their hair permed or dyed, or they give the snide remarks when I pass by, I especially love the dirty looks. If you couldn't tell that was sarcasm, I hate the people, but I love the job, ain't that the conundrum. Luckily, I only have to deal with everyone when there is a mess, it's not as often as you think, or when I have to take over for someone on 'Break' or something along those lines. One thing I'm grateful for is how close it is, it's about a ten minute walk from my house, I have to open the place around the same time everyday. Clean up the shit that the people from the previous night left for me, and then get all tools and supplies on their shelves, so the 'Actual' employees can get them quickly. 

The only problem is, I have to walk it. I know it's just ten minutes, but when is below freezing or traffic is really bad, things like that can be the deciding factor in whether or not you are late or not. So here I was, walking down the busy sidewalk, trying and sometimes failing to stop myself from bumping into people. "Help me please."

Snapping out of my concentration I look around for the owner of the voice, "Please help me."

Standing still I look down a dark alley, suddenly getting a horrible sense of Deja vu I stumble into the alley, my chest thumping rapidly in my chest. 'Breathe in, Breathe out, you got this Brent. You know how to fight now, you're not a victim anymore.' 

Taking another deep breath I steady my racing heart and move farther into the alley, "Hello, is anyone there?"

I jump when I hear a loud crash to my right, spinning towards the noise my breath catches in my throat. Laying down in the trash bags, covered in blood and dirt is a man. Running over I kneel down by the man, looking over him my stomach churns. He's covered in scratches and bruises, it's almost like he was mauled by a animal. "Oh my god, are you okay, what happened?"

The man glared at me and groaned loudly, "Of course I'm not okay, I look like someone tried to feed me to a hungry bear."

"We don't have time to fuck around, you could bleed out if we don't do something quick. So I would appreciate it if you could kindly cut the shit and help me out here."

The man look taken aback as if he had never been talked to like that, before reluctantly letting me help in up. "Okay let's get you to a hospital."

The man suddenly jerked and looked at me wide eyed, "No hospitals, just take me to your place, I can patch myself up there... maybe."

"Seriously, you need a hospital. You've lost a lot of blood, you might fucking bleed out before we can even get to my house."

"Well your gonna have to try to get me there, cause I ain't goin to no hospital."

"You are a stubborn man... UGH fine, lets go it's a five minute walk back."

Taking off my denim jacket I drape it over his shoulders and haul pull him forward, reaching into my back pocket I pull out small wipe pack and had it to him. "Wipe off your face, you look like shit and I can't have people wondering why your face is covered in blood."

The man didn't even look phased by my insult, he just laughed and looked at me in a questioning way, "Did you just pull these out of your pocket, who carries cleaning wipes in their pockets."

"Someone who works for a cleaning company and had to steal them for the night, and was supposed to bring them back."

It was silent after that, we simple walked in quiet, or at least as quiet as we could with dozens of people looking at us and the strange man looking  like a crime scene. I just ignored them and pulled him forward quicker, he started to get faint and was kinda droopy. 

By the time we got to my house he was paler than when I found him, and there was drops of blood falling from his fingers. Quickly throwing open the door I drag him to my room after slamming my door shut with my foot. Laying him down on my bed I run into the bathroom and pull out my makeshift med-kit, which consisted of alcohol for disinfecting 'Sometimes other things as well'  Good sewing needles and hospital grade dental floss, along with other forms of disinfectants and gauze. Grabbing the scissors out of it I roll up the sleeves of my sweatshirt and cut away his shirt, "Oh my god, it's so much worse than I thought."

"Tell me doc, am I gonna make it"

I look at the man and roll my eyes, "Half of these are gonna need to be stitched, and disinfected thoroughly, the others will heal on their own, that's only if you don't bleed out first."

"Don't worry, I've had worse than this, just get to work."

"Before I start, I feel as though I should tell you, I've only ever done this on myself. My name's Brent Hudson, and you are?"

The man looked hesitant, but in his grogginess, he let his guard down. "The name's Dean, Dean Winchester."

"Nice to meet you Dean, now if you could do me a solid and not die, that would be great."

The man heaved a chuckle, and laid his head back on my pillow clenching his teeth for the coming pain. Threading the needle, I quickly look down at the scarred man's chest and take a deep breath, and with a shaky hand, I start working.

Not even knowing the nightmare I just got myself involved with.