Family

Sorry! D: i promise to update faster... maybe... anyways this is kind of heartfelt. Next chapter i might make it an Alec chapter, or a Dad chapter... we'll see. xD

VOMMENT RIGHT NOW!!!!! <3 because i love you. :)

Chapter 23

 Family

I never realized how two words could change a life so drastically until now. I kept playing the words over and over in my mind trying to drill it through my brain. Pregnant… pregnant… pregnant… Lulu was pregnant. She was growing a life in her small stomach.

“How?” I asked getting a headache from the big news.

“well, when two people really like each other – well in this case – when two best friends –”

“Jordan? It’s Jordan’s?” I breathed locking eyes with her again.

“He’s the only one it could be. We didn’t use protection and I may or may not have forgotten to take the morning after pill…” She mumbled looking away from me.

“Dose he know?”

“Are you crazy? Fu*k no he dosent know!” She yelled.

I kind of figured she wouldn’t tell him.  I mean she is Lu.  She’s a 19 year old, immature, goofy, hopeless romantic, type of girl.  She definitely was not ready to have a baby. But still, not telling the father of her child that there is actually a child that’s going to be in the picture is kind of crazy.

          It was even crazier if she thought he wouldn’t find out at some point. I mean, how long can you keep your pregnant a secret? That is unless she fled the town, or state, or even country. Knowing Lu, she would consider all three. Hell, Lulu would consider a lot of unethical things in this state she’s in now.

I wont lie, that last thought did scare me a little bit. Still in thought I let my eyes drift to her little stomach, no one would ever be able to even guess that she was pregnant. She didn’t have lumps, rolls, or even an inch of fat on her stomach. It was almost gross how perfect her body was.

“I kind of figured you wouldn’t have told him… But you do realize your going to have to tell him eventually; right?”

“What? No I don’t, I – I cant. Everly, you dont understand. I don’t want a freaking baby. I didn’t ask for this to happen and – and im not going to let this happen.” She panicked, a crazy look washing over her face. “That way, no one has to find out.” She whispered almost to herself.

“What do you mean your not going to let this happen, Lu? It’s already happen.” I replied quiet confused.

“God Everly, you are so clueless!” She screamed, “ I am not going threw with this.” She spat, speaking each word slowly like I had a hearing problem.

“I – I don’t…” I think it was then when it sank in what she talking about. She wasn’t going through with this. My eye brows furrowed on their own accord, my face following seconds later. “You can’t be serious.” I whispered, my eyes connecting with her glistening hazel ones.

“Deadly.”

“An abortion? A freaking abortion Lu? That’s, like, not okay.” I screamed as I followed her into the little clinic. I’ve spent the last hour trying to talk her out of this but she hasn’t replied to anything ive said. All she did was look straight a head of her with tears in her eyes.

I know she’s not ready to be a mom, but an abortion is just plain wrong. That’s like, the equivalent to murdering someone… and its even worse since it’s a baby. I understand its her choice an all but she could just give it away for adoption or something, anything besides this.

“Hello, complementary condom?” The lady at the front desk said with an extremely fake smile on. Hesitantly both me and Lu take one from the basket she held in front of her.

“So what can I do for you ladies today?” She asked, her voice simulating a dying walrus.

“I, I have an appointment with Doctor Schell.” Lu spoke softly.

“Alright, and for you dear?” She asked directed towards me.

“Hm? Oh, uh, moral support I guess.”

With a nod she got up from her seat and disappeared behind the door. Moments later she came back with a clipboard and the same fake ass smile on her face. “Here, fill this out and ill let Doctor Schell know that you’re here.”

Lu nodded slightly, shakily taking the clipboard from her. We sat in the uncomfortable waiting chairs which squeaked every time you even thought of moving. Lu scrunched her nose up high, alerting me that she thinking hard core. When ever she was in deep though she would imitate a bunny. Usually it was quiet cute but in this situation it was disturbing.  I hated seeing her like this.

All broken and shit. It just wasn’t okay.

“Lu -”

“What? Haven’t bashed me enough on this topic yet? Why don’t you make me feel even worse. I don’t even know why you’re here right now. This – this has nothing to do with you Everly. Why don’t you do me a favor and fu*king leave.” She spat, looking directly in the eye. “I get you don’t approve of this but I don’t care! Alright, I don’t care about you or your opinion. Sure I thought that you would support me and im disappointed but who gives a shit?”

After waiting a few seconds to let her calm down I coughed, contemplating my words. “I do support you Lu, yeah, I don’t agree with it but there nothing I can do to change your mind. It’s your body and if you want to get an abortion you can. I’ll always be here for you Lulu, that’s my job.” I smiled lightly, pushing my arm up against her’s.

“I just want you to make the right decision that’s all.” I continued, my smile fading. “But no matter what you choose, ill be right by your side the whole time.”

When she didn’t answer back, but gave a shaky sigh I grabbed her hand with mine squeezing it so she knew I wasn’t going anywhere. She looked over to me, her eye brows furrowed. “You’re the only family I left now.” I admitted full heartedly. Sure, I had family but not really.

          All I had was a dead beat dad, an abusive mother who could care less about me and a sister who has her head so stuck up her ass she could barely function. Lu was real though, maybe not by blood but in heart.

          “You’re my sister.” I finished, giving her my best smile. Finally she gave me a reaction. She burst out in tears while throwing her arms around me.

          “I love you Everly.” She cried into my shoulder.

          “I love you too, Lu.” I replied wrapping my arms around her. I realized then that I did have to continue to be strong. Not for Lilly, not Cassidy or Alec, but for Lu. She needed me and I needed to be strong for her. I needed to be stable for her. Because I wasn’t going to lose her.

          She was family.