Issues

HEY GUYS! :D 

So i go on VACAY tomorrow and wont be updating for a week or two. So here is the next chapter. (: Enjoy...

Theres tooonnnns of info in here js...

______________________________

Chapter 19

Issues

          “Dad?” my voice came out as barely a whisper. I never thought I would see him again, I didn’t think he would be here. Slowly he turned to face me and instantly tears were welling in both our eyes. He took a step forward, but I took one back.

          After everything he did, after breaking this family he dosnt have a right to be here… He has no right to care about Lilly or me. If he cared he wouldn’t have left in the first place.

          “Everly.” His deep voice was shaky and unstable.

          “No, no. No!” I yelled shaking my head letting more tears come out. “You have no right to be here! No right!” My body was trembling at the sight of him. He looked exactly like he did over ten years ago, minus the small amount of grey hairs peeking through his ruffled dirty blonde ones.

          “Pumpkin let me explain -”

          “No! I – I don’t want to hear anything from you. You ruined this family! You ruined everything!” Unwillingly my legs gave way and I fell to the cold tile floor.

          Lu was standing in the doorway silently watching with a hand covering her mouth. It wasn’t until now did I realize that Conner was here too, seated next to Chelsea who was also covering her mouth sobbing; and at the other end of the table Cassidy was sitting looking at the table with no emotion showing what so ever.

          My father bent down and quickly wrapped me in his arms. I fought to get away from him but it was no use in the end, I gave up falling limp in his grip while crying harder than I have all day.

          “why did you leave me? why did you leave us?” I cried.

          “I’m sorry. I’m so, so sorry pumpkin. I should’ve never left you.” He replied holding me tighter to his chest. “Just let me explain, please.” I pulled away to see his face. Genuine pain and regret plastered on his face.

          Sniffling, I nodded. What did I have to lose? I have been wondering for ten years where he was and why he left. Getting answers could possibly help.

          After I calmed down we all sat at the table, Lu sitting on the stairs waiting patiently but hanging onto every word that’s being spoken. I saw there looking down at my hands that were placed on my lap as he explained everything.

          I was even more shocked when the truth came out. The real reason my dad left my mom, Lilly and me. Something that wasn’t as far fetch as I thought.  It was something that changed my anger completely to a different direction.

          “When your mom told me the truth I was outraged, I left having every intention of coming back and taking you with me.  But when I found Conner outside the house I -”