Funerals

:'( WAHHH! D: so this is really short but i had to post it. I cried a little while writing this... 

Its semi edited so if you see a mistake skip it over please. Otherwise enjoy the chapter. 

Ps. Please dont hate me. D:

Pic on the side is Alec. :)

Also, i might need to change the name of this story. ): I want to enter the Watty's reallly bad and i dont think they'll like the title. xD 

so i came up with some new ones... Which one is your favorite? *FANNING ANYONE WHO TELLS ME!*

Perfection

Infinitely Imperfect

Flawless

_____________________________________________________

 Chapter 17

Funerals

I’ve always hated funerals. 

The grieving, pain and suffering chilled me to the bone. Seeing other people, good people, cry over a loss of someone they loved with every fiber of their being sent a type of fear and sadness to my heart that I didn’t know could ever exist. 

One time, when I was young my Uncle had passed away from a heart attack. My mother was heartbroken since he was her only sibling. When we went to the Funeral I remember looking down at his lifeless body and I could have sworn I saw him breathe. I thought he was still alive and that scared me even more. 

My Uncle was the only one in the world who scared so much that I would cry, even to this day. 

When I told my mother she spanked me and ran off crying because she knew she would never see him again. Not that she had in the past two years. I didn’t understand what was happening at the time, I didn’t know what he had done to me wasn’t okay. 

I was only four when he did things to me that no uncle should ever do to a niece. Let alone to anyone else. When my dad found out about all the offal things he had done to me he was arrested and I still have trust and boy issue’s to this day. When he had died I still didn’t feel safe, I felt like he could still come back and torcher me again. 

Funerals were always my weak spot though. I couldn’t stay for more than an hour before going hysterical. But none of the funerals came close in comparison to this one. 

I sat with a tissue squeezed in my hand as the minister spoke kind words about someone I held close to my heart, closer than anyone in the world. Cassidy was next to me silent small tears sneaking behind the barrier she usually has up. 

Alec was on the other side of me, drawing small circles on my back. My mother was who knows where doing who knows what. Family members I haven’t seen since my Uncle’s passing were gathered in a small church grieving over the loss of – of – I still couldn’t even say it. 

That night flashed back to mind, it has been almost two weeks since the accident happened. The night my world was shattered and put back together in a totally different way.

 The day I lost my best friend. 

“Lilly!” I shrieked my body still shaking on the roof of the car that was flipped upside down. Metallic tasting blood was filling my mouth along with my body. I couldn’t feel leg and the other one was throbbing and aching. 

“It’s okay.” A soft voice cooed in my ear. 

“You’re going to be okay.” I couldn’t count how many times I’ve heard that this week alone. But at the moment I could care less if I was okay. I was only worried about Lilly. 

“Lill – Lilly! S- save Lilly! Please oh please!” I cried thrashing around in the man’s grip. I needed to get up, I needed to see Lilly, and I needed to know she was okay. 

She needed to be okay. 

I wouldn’t survive without her, I wouldn’t want to survive with out her. She was the one reason I was striving to get to collage for, to get away from the monster that is our mother. The only reason I was still together instead of shattered. 

“She’ll be alright. I promise, just calm down. You’re going to hurt yourself.” When I didn’t listen to him I felt another pair of hands on my legs, pinning me down. “Get a gurney!” one of the men yelled. 

As the men didn’t let up there grips after moments of my wasting all the energy that I didn’t have I gave up. I let my body go limp and rest. I was tired of fighting, hell; I couldn’t fight anymore even if I wanted to. 

I was done. 

  So I lay there for moments, minutes even only opening my eyes to see trees, lots and lots of trees. All of them swaying to the wind. The moon was full and peeking behind a few trees giving me some lights. Smoke was fluttering into the night sky and sirens were blasting my ears with their music. 

“Lilly…” I whisper with the last once of strength I have before I’m engulfed into the darkness I was becoming oddly familiar with. 

When I woke up in the hospital the next morning no one would tell me where Lilly was. I had a sick feeling in my stomach that I couldn’t shake. They told me they needed to get in contact with my mom but couldn’t and wanted to know if I had other family that they could call. When I told them it was just me and Lilly the doctor frowned. I didn’t understand it at the time but when the truth struck I couldn’t even believe it. 

For hours I yelled, screamed and shrieked at the poor Doctor who inevitably did the best he could. It took me hours to calm down and accepted the fact that I was truly alone. 

My sweet, sweet, innocent little Lilly was gone. She was gone and she was never coming back. I could never read her bed time stories, cook for her, drive her around, or be with her ever again. 

Because she was dead. 

_____________________________________

D': Ill update soon. 

I have maybe a good ten or so chapters left before it's over. ):

Questions 

How do you think Everly is going to handle this? 

Will she even be able to handle it? 

What about her uncle? Do you see why she's hesitant and self counsious now?

How would you like this book to end?

What will the outcome be?