Chapter 22

Harry’s POV

“This is it this time Maedbh. I’m not going to come back again. Once I leave, there’s no going back. I’m done. I’m through trying to get you back and you might not regret it now, but you’re going to regret it someday,” the words poor forth from my lips and I can’t stop it. This was it. I was done chasing. One way or another, this ended tonight.

“Goodbye Harry” she whispers, avoiding my gaze and I feel something shut down deep in my chest. Fine. If that’s how she wanted it. I yank open the door and hurry out. I’ve got tunnel vision as I focus on the door, not paying attention to anything else. I had to get out of this house. I jump in my car, narrowly missing some girls who’d swarmed the street when they’d seen me in the house. I had to get out of here. Return to London. I couldn’t stay. There were too many memories. She’d made her decision and now I had to move on from it. I drive to my mum’s house to collect my things. We had a couple more weeks free, but I couldn’t stay here.

“You alright?” Gemma asks seeing my expression as I burst in. “What happened?”

“I’m leaving. I’m going back to my house,” I reply, my tone harsher than it should be. She wasn’t the one I was angry with. I shouldn’t be taking it out on her. She doesn’t seem to care about the misdirected anger though as her brow creases with worry.

“What’s wrong Haz? What happened?” she asks.

“Nothing. Nothing happened. She made her choice and I’m done trying to change her mind.”

“Oh Ha—“ Gemma begins, putting an arm on me to try to comfort me.

“No!” I shout, jerking out of her grip. I didn’t want to be comforted. I didn’t need it. I was fine. “You told me if she didn’t want it to let it be. That’s what I’m doing. Letting it be,” I snap before heading upstairs to finish packing. It doesn’t even take me 10 minutes to throw my suitcase together and head back out to my car. Her eyes are red with repressed tears as I pull out. Mum wasn’t even home. I’d call her when I was back in London to say goodbye. She’d have to come visit me in London next time. I wouldn’t be coming back here. I couldn’t. This time I was gone. Gone for good.

Maedbh’s POV

Caellum had locked himself up in his room. He refused to talk to me, blaming me for being the reason why Harry left. Granted, I was. But I hadn’t meant to hurt him like this. I hadn’t realized how much Caellum cared about Harry. What’s worse, I knew I had to call Luke. I had to tell him what apparently happened all those weeks ago. I’d been heartbroken to know he’d cheated on me and then hadn’t told me for so long, he had a right to know also. My fingers raise, touching my lips where I could still feel a tingling where he kissed me. Yes, I’d pushed him away. But that doesn’t mean I wanted to. For the brief moment he kissed me, everything was just like I remembered. Only better. He’d definitely had plenty of practice these past couple years. Which led back to the whole, leaving me the first chance he got argument. I had to call Luke.

It takes a couple minutes to get the courage to call, but finally I’m on the phone waiting for him to answer.

“Hey, sorry I couldn’t come this weekend, but I’ve been super busy. I got an exam tomorrow and my boss has been on my back to work some weekends, and I need to make some money, and—“

“It’s ok. I ended up going home anyways” I interrupt.

“Oh,” he says, falling silent. “Ok. Well what’s going on?”