Chapter 17

“Who’s Lauren?” I whisper as Harry and I leave, heading out to his car. We were going to meet Lauren and Louis there after we head home so I had a chance to fix my face and Louis could pick Lauren up.

“Louis’ girlfriend” Harry tells me, getting into the car. “I thought you knew everything about us,” he teases.

“Caellum does,” I correct. “And as a 7 year old boy, he really doesn’t care much about the girlfriends”

“Then how did you know so much about mine?” he questions. I freeze in my seat as he looks over. Why did he have to ask those questions? Answering them would only be admitting the one thing I couldn’t admit. I’d always kept tabs on his girlfriends. It had hurt like crazy, but I’d had to know what was going on with him. He sighs, shaking his head before pulling out of the parking lot. “Go to your bosom. Knock there, and ask your heart what it doth know” he quotes quietly. We drive in silence for a couple minutes before he eventually speaks up. “She’s an American, Lauren”

“Really?” I ask, impressed. “How did they meet?”

“Louis stalked her,” Harry says with a grin. “She had a YouTube account, he tricked her into entering the Little Things cover contest last summer in order to meet her.”

“Nice” I say with a laugh. We get back to his place, and after quickly wiping the clown makeup off and detangling my hair, we get back in the car and head over to the bowling alley. Louis and Lauren are already there when we arrive.

“Hi, I’m Lauren, but all my friends call me Tweety” the girl says with a smile, her country twang quite noticeable.

“No we don’t” Harry interrupts.

“Well everyone but you lot does” she retorts.

“Maedbh” I say with a smile, shaking the offered hand.

“Oh so you’re Maedbh” she says, glancing over at Harry. “I’ve heard a lot about you”

“Oh god” I groan. How many people knew?  She chuckles, shaking her head.

“Nothing bad I promise” she says. I doubt it.

“So how are we doing this? Teams? Individuals? What?” Louis asks, his arm slipping around Lauren’s waist.

“Ooh! Girls against guys” Lauren grins, a challenging look in her eye as she looks back at him. Harry lets out a laugh looking back at me.

“You don’t want her on your team” he tells Lauren, looking over at me. “She could barely hit the pins”

“Hey!” I exclaim, sticking my tongue out at him, even though he was right.

“That’s fine, we’ll still beat you” Lauren says confidently. Louis looks over at Harry who shakes his head with a grin.

“Want to bet?” Louis asks.

“What’s the bet?”

“Hmmm I can think of a couple things,” Louis says with a low growl, pulling his girlfriend closer. I clear my throat awkwardly, glancing over at Harry whose eyes were locked on his feet. Obviously that couldn’t be part of the bet if the two of us were involved. The two of them pull apart, a slight blush on her cheeks. They were really cute together, I had to admit.

“What if the loser is the winner’s slave for a day? Has to do whatever they say.”

“Uh… “ I trail off uncertainly. That still didn’t sound good. If we lost….

“Can’t do anything to make you uncomfortable. Like, sexual-wise at least” Louis says, reading my mind. “Now if he asked you to dress up in something, you’d have to do it, but he can’t do anything to affect your relationship, how bout that?”