Chapter 11

*Fletcher*

I walked in my classroom to see Josie's friend, Amy in my chair. She walked over to me.

"Mr. Richardson, can you help me," she asked.

"Sure."

"Do you think its okay to slap people?"

I replied, "Sometimes why?"

With that, Amy slapped me. I stumbled backwards. Amy glared at me and hissed. "Leave Josie alone you creep."

I watched, horrified as she walked out. I ran to Josie's locker. Josie looked up, startled.

"Miss Berlin," I spat out. "Office now."

Josie gave me a weird look but followed. As soon as we were out of sight, I grabbed her arm and dragged her to my car. I drove off to my apartment. We walked in and Josie sat on the couch.

"Your friend, Amy, slapped me! And told me to stay away from you," I yelled. "What the hell is that about?"

Josie inhaled. "Fletcher. We need to talk."

"Your dumping me, aren't you?"

Josie laughed. "Really? No. I love you. But you won't after when I tell you......"

I took her hands. "Josie, I will love you no matter what. Please tell me."

Josie started to cry. "I'm pregnant. Five weeks and four days along. I gained three pounds. I have morning sickness. I need to rest three times a day. Ten pregnancy tests all positive plus a doctor agreed. I'm pregnant."

I stood. Turning away from Josie, I felt numb. Josie started to cry. She touched me and hugged my waist.

"Fletcher," she sobbed in my shirt. "I'm keeping it."

She kissed my shoulder blade and let go. My back felt cold without her there. Feeling came back to my hand. Then arm, then the rest of me.

"I'm so sorry," she whispered.

I grabbed her hand and yanked her to my body. I kissed her.

"You are not leaving me," I growled. "I'm going to quit my job so I can be with you. I'll get a different job. An all boys boarding school wants me to the new English teacher. I accepted."

"Oh Fletcher," Josie sighed.

"I wanted to surprise you. Today was my last day."

Josie brought my face to hers. Our breath mingled. Her lips lightly touched mine.

"I love you," Josie whispered. "Are you sure you want this baby?"

Nodding, I stole a kiss. Josie sighed and pulled me closer. She pulled back and hugged me.

"I love you."

"I love you too babe," I replied, squeezing her closer to me.