Chapter 3

*Josie*

It was Friday. I had been "dating" Fletcher for five days. It has been really awkward in English class with guys asking me out and Fletcher looking like he wanted to punch them. It was funny from my point of view. It seemed cute that he was jealous.

"Jo?"

I blinked to look at Amy. Her hair was up in a ponytail. We were at cheer leading practice. I looked at her and clapped my hands. We did our routine. When we finished, Amy poked me in the ribs.

"Ow. Amy," I hissed.

Lexie pointed to the bleachers. Fletcher was talking to Miss Fair. He looked at me and winked. Heat rushed to my face. Lexie whistled. "He is so smexy."

I looked at her. "Smexy?"

She nodded. Amy sighed. Lexie jumped, making Amy jump too.

Lexie grinned. "Jared and I are going dancing! You two should come. Jared got some of the guys from football to come."

Amy asked,"Who?"

Lexie counted on her fingers. "Matt, Victor, Arron, and Ian. But I think Arron and Ian aren't coming. Come on. Matt asked if you were coming and I said yes! Please?"

Amy thought about it then replied, "Sure! If Matt's going. Coming Jo?"

I blinked and looked at Fletcher. I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know..."

Lexie frowned then grinned, wickedly. "I'll ask Mr. Richardson to come."

I grabbed her arm. "No way! He could get fired and us expanded."

Amy smiled evilly. "So what? Go ahead Lex."

Lexie walked over to where Fletcher stood alone. She started talking to him. He looked at me with an eyebrow raised. Amy started laughing. I started to blush. He turned to Lexie and nodded. He waved at me and left. Lexie clapped her hands and ran to us.

Lexie swung me around. "He said yes!"

My heart started to pound. "Really?"

Lexie nodded and whipped out her cell. "Call your parents to spend the night."

Amy called her dad and he said yes. I called the house.

"Hello?"

I took a breath. "Hey Mom. Lexie wanted me over tonight. Can I go?"

Mom squealed. "Girls night! Okay."

"You can't come and look up on me."

Mom sighed. "Fine. Have fun."

"Bye."

I gave the phone back to Lexie. "She said yes!"

Amy cheered. The coach gave us a weird look and yelled, "Hit the showers ladies!"

We ran to the change room. I opened my locker to find a note. I opened it.

Josie,

I guess I'll see you tonight. Wear something good.

Fletcher

I rolled my eyes and stuffed it in my bag. We changed and drove to Lexie's house. Lexie ran upstairs and made us take a shower. I walked out to see Lexie.

I whistled low. Lexie beamed. "You like it?"

Her blonde hair was down in curls. Her make-up looked amazing. She was wearing a strapless black dress that showed her curves. Lexie had pulled on black heels. Amy stood up. She twirled.