Chapter 3 A Dream Come True..... Sort Of

Water crouched down, flexing her claws, ready for battle. All four cats of Bloodclan gave her a cold smile and leapt, the she-cats ahead of the toms. Water swerved past the two she-cats and jumped over the brown tom. She landed with a thud, her leg wound tearing open, but she ignored the pain. She had to get to Willow, had to get out. She ran toward the only opening, but the leader stood waiting for her. She snarled and charged at the gray tom. At the last moment he moved aside and stuck out a hind leg, tripping her. She fell with a huff and the tom leaped on top of her, slashing her stomach. She yowled and kicked him with her hind legs. The tom was thrown back but rose quickly to his feet. She scrambled to her paws facing all four of them, ready for battle. They rushed her and Water let out a yowl of surprise. Three of them bit and slashed Water's sides, while she desperately whirled, fending off teeth and claws. Water breathed heavily, blood coating her fur. The russet she-cat slapped her claws against Water's face, pushing her onto the ground. Water pushed herself up, but fell without the strength to support her limbs. She lay down in the blood-stained grass, struggling to rise. Come on, come on! Get up Water! Get up! she hissed to herself. The lead tom padded slowly up to her, a smirk spread across his face. "Where's your precious Starclan now?" he said. Then he slashed his claws into her belly. Water screeched in pain, while the cats of Bloodclan smiled at her pain. Water's sight grew blurry, and she lost all feeling except for the pain. So this is it. This is how I die. Water thought in anguish. Then two gray shapes came out of nowhere. One with a dark gray pelt and black dapples, the other a familiar light gray with white socks. The darker one fought the Bloodclan cats, while the lighter one ran to Water's side. "Water? Water!" Willow yelled. Water heard Willow call her name, then her sight faded into blackness.

         Water's eyes snapped open. She gasped and scrambled up. "Bloodclan! Ambush! Willow!" she yowled. Willow rushed to her sister's side. "Water! It's ok, I'm here!" Willow mewed anxiously. Water took a deep breath, calming herself. She sat down, feeling woozy. She and Willow were inside a rock cave, with a small bush-covered opening. Just then, a dark gray tom with black dapples on his pelt squeezed into the den. Water narrowed her eyes, rising shakily to an attack crouch, a small growl starting in her throat. Willow's eyes widened and she bounded in front of the tom. "Water it's ok! He's a friend," she said. Water nodded, suddenly embarrassed. "Sorry," she muttered to the tom as she sat back down.  "Its fine," he purred. "After all, you've had quite an evening," the tom said. Willow spoke up again. "Water this is Shadowfire. He helped me save you," Willow said, her voice turning a funny tone as she looked at Shadowfire. Water nodded at Shadowfire in greeting. "What... what happened?" Water asked. "All I remember is the fight.. and then.. nothing," Water said, looking at her stomach wound, which was now patched with cobwebs. Shadowfire answered. "My clan lives near where you had your den. We'd had sightings of Bloodclan in the area, so I went to check out the borders. I found Willow, and told her about the Bloodclan sightings, and we went to go find you," Shadowfire broke off and glanced at Willow a smile on his face. "Your sister was very persistent she go alone," he purred. Willow rolled her eyes. "I'm glad you went with me," Willow said to Shadowfire as she nuzzled his fur. Water raised her eyebrow, watching the two. Shadowfire began again. "We found you by the rock outcropping, nearly unconscious. We fought the Bloodclan warriors then we got herbs to patch you up," Shadowfire flicked his tail at a bunch of cobwebs and marigold, "and we brought you here. Water nodded. Made sense after all. "Well, we don't want to trouble you too long... we better get going soon..." Water said. "Um, actually Water.... Shadowfire wanted to ask us if we wanted to come to his clan," Willow murmured. Water's eyes opened in shock. "Well... um.. if you wanted to that is..." Shadowfire said uncertainly. "Of course it's ok with us! It's what we've been searching for our whole life!" Water mewed excitedly. Willow looked relieved and Shadowfire just looked plain happy. "When do we leave?" Water asked, as bouncy as a kit. Shadowfire purred. "Tomorrow, so your wounds have time to heal a bit," he said, whiskers twitching in amusement. Water nodded with excitement. They would finally join a clan! Finally they could leave their past behind them and start a new life! Water felt like jumping for joy. "I'll go hunting," Shadowfire meowed. "Willow, want to come with me?" he asked. "Me? Sure!" Willow purred, padding off with him. Water smiled, whiskers twitching in amusement. It was obvious their affection for each other. After they had gone, she padded over to the den entrance and looked at the rising moon. Thank you Starclan. Thank you. Water thought as she gazed out across the plains.

I honestly would've done more for this chapter, but I still need to do the alleigances and figure out names, so I'll have to do that before continuing my story. :3 May Starclan light your path everyone!