Chapter 2 Unexpected Visitors

• Dedicated to Dakota Meeks for inspiring me to write stories! :D

          Water opened her eyes sleepily.  It was still night, and she wondered what had woken her. She heard a faint sound behind her, a rustling leaf. That would be normal except, there was no wind tonight. She jumped to her paws and whirled around. Inside the brush behind her and Willow, two eyes peered out at her. As Water looked at them, the eyes narrowed and disappeared. Water sniffed the air, searching for a scent. Nothing. They must have disguised their scent, whoever they were, Water thought. She turned to Willow and prodded her with a paw. Willow opened her eyes and blinked. "What is it, Water? It's still night," Willow murmured, still half asleep. "Something was watching us. We're not safe here, we need to find a real den," Water hissed.  Now that woke Willow up. She jumped to her paws and said, "Why didn't you say something?" Water rolled her eyes and padded up from the shore. In the distance was a large cedar tree. In the top branches was a little scoop that looked to be an ideal place for a den. "How about over there?" Water asked. Willow flicked her ear in reply and the two bounded off.

          The two sisters finished making their den in the tree right when the sun was coming up. Water stood toward the rising sun, letting the wind ruffle her fur. Willow purred in the tree beside her. "It's a beautiful view isn't it?" Willow asked. Water smiled. "Ya. We never... never had anything like this at home," she answered. Willow nodded and brushed her fur up against Water's. They sat like that for several minutes, watching the sun rise. Eventually, Willow turned to Water. "You hungry?" Willow asked. Water purred. "You know it!" she mewed, jumping down from the tree carefully, being mindful of her injuries. Willow followed and sniffed the air, suddenly crouching down and signaling Water to stay put. She crept forward slowly, until she was a tail-length away from the mouse. Willow pounced, quickly biting the mouse's neck. She held up her catch in pride. Water purred and padded over. "Nice catch, but I can do better!" Water said mischievously.  "Ha! Bring it on!" Willow mewed. Water sniffed the air and swiveled her head to the left to show a robin on the ground, pecking for worms. "Watch this," Water said to Willow as she crept closer and closer. She was almost in pouncing range when she stepped on a dry twig. The robin took flight, but Water wasn't going to give up that easily! She ran and leaped into the air, snagging the robin by a foot. She showed her catch to Willow, twitching her whiskers in amusement. "Beat that!" Water said proudly, setting the robin down by the mouse. "Beat this!" Willow purred and leapt at Water, pinning her to the ground. Water slipped through her grasp and bounded behind her. "Come at me!" Water said purring. The two sisters scuffled for a while longer, then went back to the den to eat. Willow swept her paws over her ear, grooming her fur. Water noticed a slight pang in her leg and back wound. "I'm going to get some more herbs Willow," she said as she rose to her feet. "Alright, but be careful," Willow answered.

          Water sniffed the air, searching for the familiar scent of marigold. It was so much easier to find last time! Water huffed, as she searched far beyond the tree den. Then she caught a whiff of marigold. She followed the scent towards a large rock outcropping on the other side of the island. She found the marigold behind it, but only the leaves, not the actual plant. "That's weird...." Water muttered. "What's a bunch of leaves doing right here?" As far as she knew, marigold leaves didn't just poof into existence. But Water just shrugged off the bad feeling she had and bent down to pick up the leaves, when she caught an achingly familiar scent. Her eyes widened and her head snapped up. No!!!!!! Water thought.

          Water whirled in circles, watching for the cats she feared the most. Then behind her, a voice spoke, cold and uncaring. "Now, now. What do we have here?" it said. Water turned around to see a tom covered in the shadows. He spoke again saying, "Looks like our little marigold trap worked."  There's only one of them, I can take him. Water thought unsheathing her claws. The tom shook his head in mock disappointment. "I'm afraid this is going to be harder than you thought," he mewed. Then three more cats walked out of the shadows, two she-cats and one tom. Water backed up until she hit the rock outcropping. The four cats fanned out around her. "What do you want!?" Water hissed. "Oh you know what we want... Water daughter of Blood," one of the she-cats hissed, who's pelt was black as night. Water narrowed her eyes. She knew what they had come for, what they wanted. They were members of Bloodclan, and they wanted her dead.

Yay! Done with chappy 2! Please vote and comment,  More to follow soon, including the alleigances.