Chapter Five

The guys had gone off somewhere so we were left alone to our own devices. We couldn’t agree on what type of cookies to make so we compromised on making a batch of every cookie we could find in the first cook book we found. Which just so happen to be twelve different kind.

We broke eggs, and mixed together flour and sugar. We rolled dough into tiny balls and buttered cookie sheets until they looked greasy. And then after batch after batch after batch we finally mixed the last thing of batter up. And rolled the balls and slid the cookie sheet into the oven.

                        Gabriel, Oliver, Danka, and a boy I had yet to meet came into the room as we had just started to clean up the kitchen. They stopped short when they saw us. Our faces were covered with flour that had cracked on our faces. Dried raw egg had found its way onto our t-shirts and our hair had been pulled haphazardly back.

                        We grinned wildly, “Hey guys!”

                        Gabriel was the first to recover from shock, “What the hell happened to you two?”

                        I rocked forward onto the ball of my feet. “Whatever could you possibly mean Gabriel?”

                        “You two look like hell.”

                        “You look like hell all the time and you don’t see me commenting on it now do you?” I shot back, glaring at him.

                        The boy I didn’t know laughed and then stopped short when Danka looked at him despairingly.

Gabriel rolled his eyes, “Cute really.”

                        “Too bad I can’t say the same for you.” I picked up a few of the nearest cookies, (peanut butter cookies that we had pressed forks into to make a criss cross design on the top) and shoved them into their hands. “Here you go.”

                        Rina finished wiping down the counters and I continued to sweep the floor. It only took us a few more minutes and then we had a clean kitchen and a rather large pile of cookies.

                        We piled them onto plates and filled up several glasses of ice cold milk and went into the living area. The boys were sprawled out on the couches, limbs everywhere.

We sat down the milk and cookies and barely had time to say dig in before hands came from all directions reaching around the two of us and grabbing as many cookies as they could manage.

                                                            Rina was pulled into Oliver’s lap, “thank you for making me cookies.”

                        She glowed, her grin lighting up the room. “Your welcome Oli.” She leaned back against his chest and let him feed her a piece of the cookie he had bitten off of.

            Danka rolled his eyes, and leaned into my ear, “Ahh young love.”

            I retorted back, “Yeah until one of them decides that they aren’t in a relationship anymore and the other one pouts around the dorm for several weeks.”

            “Touché.”

            I pulled my knees into my chest and let my chin rest against my knee caps.

            Life was like a river, sometimes roaring and running wild. But others it ran so slow that time nearly stopped. Right now the river of my life was gushing at the perfect pace. Letting me fall downstream away from my past.

                                                         ****

                                   Hey guys! So let me know what you thought of this chapter!

                  COMMENT

                  VOTE

                  FAN

      <3 Lexi!