Part 6 - The Blue Skies

Author Comment: For the story illustrations/images, kindly visit the External Link. Thank you.

~~~

ULQUIORRA & ORIHIME FAN FICTION

LONELINESS

~~~

Part VI: The Blue Skies

Inoue was able to sleep comfortably at last. When she opened her eyes, there was a man leaning at the side of her bathroom. He was looking at her. Half-awaked, she looked at his face and stared at his eyes. She has seen those eyes before. Those sad eyes… but something is different. As far as she knew, those eyes were cold but she felt a little warmth when she looked at them. She wonders if those eyes are real. She knows she is dreaming and soon she’ll wake up but she will remember those eyes.

She’s about to close her eyes when she heard a familiar voice.

Ulquiorra: “How long are you going to stare at me?”

And Inoue’s eyes opened -big enough to be awake. She was astounded.

She realized that she was not dreaming at all. She was staring at a real person. Those eyes were also staring at her that time –it was real. Her face turned red and she sat up straight.

Ulquiorra: “The water is still warm. You can take a bath.”

And he left.

The water in the tub was warm and Inoue appreciated it. It was a good bath.

After taking a bath, Inoue had nothing else to do but to sit at the carpet and stare at the moon. It’s like a daily routine to her. Deep in her heart, there’s still hope that she may be able to return to the human world. She felt a little ease after a few days of living in Hueco Mundo and she was thankful to that. She wondered that she felt better because of the bath… or maybe because she found a companion in that world.

I don’t even know him. Maybe it’s trust… Really? I trust him? As far as I know, he can kill me anytime Aizen says.

She felt a reiatsu coming. It was Ulquiorra’s. Finally, she can notice his reiatsu.

I must be better now that I can notice his reiatsu. I barely notice his presence during the past days.

Ulquiorra: “Come with me.”

Inoue just stared at him and did not move.

Ulquiorra realized that she wasn’t going to move.

Ulquiorra: “I’m not going to kill you yet… or do you want me to carry you by force?”

Such a demanding person.

Inoue stood up and followed Ulquiorra.

They walked along the dimly lit corridors of Las Noches. At the end of the corridor was a door.

Ulquiorra opened a door and brightness appeared in front of them.

Inoue was amazed by what she saw. She can’t believe that inside that big palace was a place like that of her world. The place is bright as daylight in the human world –there are blue skies.

Inoue: “The roof…”

Ulquiorra: “It was Aizen who ordered to design this part of Las Noches as it is now.”

Inoue: “It’s like in my world… I mean the human world.”

Inoue started to walk and wandered in that place and Ulquiorra just followed her behind.

Inoue: “Except there are no living flowers.“

Ulquiorra: “Hueco Mundo is different than the living world.”

Inoue’s face showed sadness and Ulquiorra noticed the change. He barely understands the expressions on her face but he knows that it is different than what he saw before.

Flashback:

Ulquiorra: “Do not think too much.”

Inoue: “OK. Ahhm… Ulquiorra…”

Ulquiorra stopped.

Inoue: “Thank you.”

Inoue smiled.

Ulquiorra realized that the feeling that time was lighter. This time he felt her aura was a little heavy. He doesn’t understand the feelings or the emotions of the humans. He is an Arrancar in the first place.

Ulquiorra: “Let’s go back.”

Without a word, Inoue followed Ulquiorra back to her room.

~~~

Disclaimer: I do not own nor create the illustrations/images in this fiction. Credits are shown below the respective illustrations.

Bleach and the characters in this story are created by Tite Kubo.