9.Unwanted Family

A/N: Hey sorry about the lateness and what not. But I just wanted to make it clear to everyone what the main characters look like and their personality's and their skills,etc. I will add more characters in a different chapter. I didn't want to make this one to long though. So enjoy and I hope by now you know what else to do.

Disclaimer: I do not own anything except Juliet Darren.

      Annabeth's POV

  I tried to scream as a giant hand came down and wrapped around my mouth. But Percy didn't hear me.

'Hold on.' I thought to myself.'This couldn't possibly Kronos. It's a giant. Probably working for Kronos...or a cyclops impersonating Kronos!'

The whole time I was thinking this, I was kicking and squirmimg, trying to get free from this monster holdong me.

'wait. What's that?' I managed to find my knife dangling by his or her side. I grabbed it and stabbed the arm that was pressing me to his front. He dropped me on the ground and yelled in agony. This entire time, Seaweed Brain was running ahead. He heard the cry of the now identified cyclops. He was cradling his arm by his side and glaring daggers at me. But the next thing surprised me. Dirt and sand started to slowly rise from the ground and absorb and protect his delicate arm. Once the sand and dirt fell there was nothing left. No cut. No blood. Oh Styx! I thought. Probably like Antaeus from the Labyrinth (A/N: You would have to read the fourth book Of PJO to understand what Antaeus is and his story.). Son of Gaea and Poseidon. He can be healed by dirt and sand, with the advantage of water as well.

Of course Percy being the Seaweed Brain he is, he just caught up and realised that we have a unwanted visitor.

"Who is he?!" Seaweed Brain asked, not using his kelp brain.

"It's a monster!" I yelled back, making him angry. This was only to get him in a fighting mood. I usually, though, like to make him seem dumb compared to me. Which is true.

"I knew that! But what the Hades is he?" he asked this time.

"He is a cyclops as you hopefully see. He is a son of Gaea though and Poseidon. So he is like Antaeus, your brother." I told him while watching his annoyed face.

"Another one? Oh Gods, I don't know how we are going to do this but we better fast!" he told me a bit fast. I grabbed my hat and put it on. I knew immediately that my hat still worked because Big Ugly didin't even know I walked by him and ran behind. I started to climb over the thick branches and vines draped on the floor of the forest. Night was approaching and the shadows started to darken, the mysterious sounds of the forest becoming eerie. Concentrating, I pulled on certain vines and branches, trying to be as stealthy as possible, to eventually hoist myself up and perch on the thick branch above Percy's fight with his brother. Obviously, Percy didn't catch on to my plan until afterwards. I jumped down from the branch, my unusually skinny waist tied by a mossy vine. Dangling, I started to knot a vine into a ring, big enough to fit around the cyclops fat head. I gently dropped it on his head and around his neck. He was to occupied by Percy to feel the green string around his neck. Now, I walked across the branch, taking careful steps, and leaped for the vine connected to the monster's neck. I tried to make myself as heavy as possible to lift him up. Percy ran over and helped me pull the slippery vine down. He grabbed a fallen vine and tied to the other one and tied it to a far branch. His brother, was just dangling there, grasping at his neck, for he was being choked. I dropped my knife earlier, now realising this, and went to pick it up from below his feet. Suddenly, I was lifted up and choked.

Everything started to go fuzzy. And then black. 

   Percy's POV

I pulled out my sword from the cyclops belly. He let Annabeth flop to the ground like a rag doll. I ran towards her, barely noticing the monster who did this to her disintegrate into golden dust and blow away in the wind.

"No. No! No....please Annabeth! Wake up!" I was shaking her and yelling for her to wake up. Gods, I really hate the monsters at this place. First, the giant squid, and then a stupid brother, cyclops of mine. Why so they always go for Annabeth? I was thinking to myself, while digging through my backpack, which had some ambrosia and nectar in it. I filled her mouth with the warm nectar. Her eyes fluttered. Slowly, her eyes popped open.

"Percy?" she mumbled softly to me. I picked a ambrosia square and put it in her mouth. I saw her swallow. Then I gently picked her up, not wanting to risk another ambrosia square. I started to slightly jog in any direction. For about half an hour I was walking and running through the confusing maze called a forest. When rustling from the bushes startled me, I quickly turned in the direction, making Annabeth groan from the suddenness. Not again! I thought to myself. But luckily a girl dressed in a silver parka and punk/goth clothes stepped out with spiky black hair.

"Thalia!" I yelled, relief filling my body.

"How did this happen Percy?" Thalia said running over to see Annabeth."All I saw was Annabeth fall to the ground and then you guys ran off! I couldn't catch up to you guys after you ran from the cyclops. We found your footprints, and followed, but I just caught up when you picked her up and hurried away!"

"Well, he picked Annabeth up and started choking her when she knelt in front of him to pick up her knife. I killed him, and she dropped unconscious. I fed her some nectar and ambrosia, but I didn't want to give her more than one so I tried to find the castle again. I don't know the way though."I said trying to explain as fast as I can.

"Here follow me. I remember. You carry Annabeth and I will lead." Thalia said quickly getting up. I followed and we made our way back to safety. While we were walking, I decided to just daydream. Random things popped into my head.' I should probably ask McGonagall to put a protective shield with her stick. I wonder where the infirmary is? It's probably hard to find in the big castle. I wonder how big it is. Annabeth would probably have studied everything possible in the school's library. I wonder when we are starting classes?' By the time I finished thinking about this all, we reached the edge of the Forbidden Forest.

The first thing that happened, was Juliet running forward and looking worriedly at Annabeth. we walked back into the castle silent, until we reached the front doors.I told Juliet to go and find McGonagall, while we go and wait in Gryffindor tower. She quickly ran off, eager to help. McGonagall found us before we reached Gryffindor tower. She took us to the infirmary where Annabeth would be staying. I sat beside the bed holding her hand, while everybody left. The nurse obviously either didn't mind me staying or didn't want to get me angry. I would be really furious if she said I couldn't stay with Annabeth. I mean she is my girlfriend for goodness sakes!

I eventually drifted off in the chair still hoding Annabeth's hand. That's the way we stayed all night. Neither one of us moving. For once in a long time, we had a peaceful night.