Chapter 21

The morning finally come. I like morning, it’s bright, shine, and not scary. I see the bed next to mine and Hermione isn’t there, I get up, take a shower, get dress and go to the great hall for breakfast. I see Ron, Harry, and Hermione already sit in there.
“Morning,” I said as I grab pancakes and glass of milk.
“Morning,” said three of them
“Fanny, I just wondering why I never see you drink pumpkin juice?” asked Ron.
“I don’t really like it and I don’t have intention to try it either,” I said. “And why you do observation about me and pumpkin juice?”
“Just something comes in my mind,” Ron said.
“C’mon Fanny try one,” said Harry.
“Nope,” I said and Harry suddenly gives me the drink. One way or another I have to swallow or spit it out. I choose to drink it.
“Harry why you do that?” I asked.
“It’s time to pay what you do with me and bluberry muffin last year,” Harry smirked.
“Someone holds the grunch too long,” I laugh.
“So, how’s it?” asked Hermione.
“Not bad,” I said.
“What class we have this morning?” Ron asked.
“Divinition,” I said. “Why do we take this class?”
“I don’t know,” Harry said.
“C’mon, let’s go to class,”I said.
“You go ahead, I need to do see McGonagall first,” Hermione said.

At divinition, I sit alone since everybody already have partners. In the table there’s a tea.
“Are we having tea party?” Ron asked. I just shrugged.

“Welcome my children. In this room, you shall explore the mysterious art of divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess...” Trelawney said. “The sight. Hello, I am Professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future. But know this. One  either has a gift or not. It can’t be divined from the pages of a book. Books only cloud one’s Inner Eye.”

“What rubbish,” said Hermione suddenly appear next to me. Ron on the other hand, spins and frowns at Hermione.
“Where’s you come from?” Ron asked.
“Me? I’ve been here all along,” Hermione said. “Right Fanny?”
“Yeah,” I said since I know about her time turner.

Trelawney spinning on Neville. “You, boy! Is you grandmother well?”
“I.. I think so,” Neville murmured.
“I wouldn’t be so sure of that. The first term will be devoted to the reading of tea leaves. If all goes well, we will proceed to palmistry, fire omens, and finally the crystal bar,” said Trelawney. And she turns around to Parvati. “By the way, dear, beware a red haired man.”

Parvati that sit next to Ron,  eyes Ron dubiosly. Edges her pouffe away.
“Unfortunately, classes will be disrupted in February by a nasty bout of flu. I myself will lose my voice. And in late spring, one of or number will.. leave us forever.”

As the class exchanges uneasy glances. Trelawney smile brightly. “Well then. Shall we?”
“What do you see in Mr Potter’s cup, Mr. Weasley?”
“Well, he’s got a wonky sort of cross, that’s trials and suffering. But this lot here could be the sun, that’s great happiness. So.. he’s going to suffer but be very happy about it.” Said Ron.
“That makes no sense,” I said. Professor Trelawney takes the cup, peers inside, and gasps.
“What is it?” I asked.

“My dear boy, you have a grim,” said Trelawney.
“Grin? What’s the grin?” asked Seamus.
“The grim. Not the grin, you idiot,” said Parvati.
“But what does it mean, Professor?” asked Dean.

“The Grim.. taking the form of a giant spectral dog, it is among the darkest omens in our world. It is omen of death.” Said Lavender.