Chapter 4

FANNY’S POV

It’s morning already. I wake up and prepare for the first day of class. Hermione already wake up too.

“What class we have today?” I asked her
“Transfiguration. We better have breakfast now so we wouldn’t late for class,” said Hermione.

We arrived at transfiguration class. The lesson already started, but Harry or Ron still not here. Suddenly Harry and Ron are running through the stone halls to their class. They rush in.

 “Whew, amazing, can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?” said Ron.

The cat jumps off the desk and turns into Professor McGonagall. They’re are amazed.

“ That was bloody brilliant.” Said Ron
“ Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Maybe if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocketwatch, maybe one of you would be on time.” Said McGonagall
“ We got lost,” Harry explained.
“ Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats,” said McGonagall.

The transfiguration already finished.
“Bloody hell, McGonagall is very strict,” commented Ron.
“Like I told you,” Hermione said.
“What class we have next?” Harry asked
“Potion,” I said
“Snape, it’s not better than McGonagall. He’s the worst. My brother said that he just likes the student from the Slytherin house. They’re like the golden student.” Ron explained along the way.
“I hope we’ll be the golden student of McGonagall,” he said again
“Like  that ever happened,” said Hermione.

We enter the potion class. I sit and Harry follow me and sit next to me. Ron looks kinda nervous to sit next to Hermione. They don’t really get along.

“Why you leave Ron?” I whispered to Harry.
“They need to learn to get along,” Harry whispered.
“Hey Potter, you and your girlfriend just stop the whispering,” Malfoy said.
Harry glared at him. I just try to hold the blush that suddenly appear. Before Malfoy could say anything the door slams open and Snape comes rushing in.

“ There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few, who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a in death,” said Snape.

Snape sees Harry, writing this down, in, his view, not paying attention.

“Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confidant enough to not...pay...attention,” said Snape.

I nudges Harry in the ribs. He looks up.

“ Mr. Potter. Our...new...celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?” asked Snape. And Hermione raised her hand

“ You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?” asked Snape. Hermione's hand shoots up again.

“ I don't know, Sir,” Harry said
“ And what is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfbane?” asked Snape
“ I don't know, Sir,” said Harry
“Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it, Mr. Potter?” said Snape.

The rest of the class we just listen and write to everything that Snape said. Now we’re in the great hall, and working all on homework.

Suddenly, a flock of owls start coming into the hall from the rafters above.

“Ah. Mail's here!” said Ron

The owls soar by, dropping parcels to students. Harry gets nothing. I get a letter from my grandma. He sees the newspaper Ron has put down.

“ Can I borrow this?” asked Harry. Ron nods.

Neville is unwrapping a gift. It is a clear ball with gold around it.

“ Hey, look! Neville's got a Remembrall!” said Seamus
“ I've read about those. When the smoke turns red it means you've forgotten something,” said Hermione.
“ The only problem is, I can't remember what I've forgotten,” said Neville.
“ Hey, Ron, somebody broke into Gringotts. Listen, Believed to be the work of dark witches or wizards unknown, Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist that nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713, had in fact been emptied earlier that same day. That's odd. That's the vault Hagrid and I went to,” said Harry.
“That’s a bit odd,” I commented.

Now, we’e outside, flying practice. The students, Gryffindor and Slytherin, are lined up in two rows with brooms by their sides. The teacher, MADAM HOOCH, comes down the line. She has short hair and hawk yellow eyes.

“ Good afternoon, class,” Hooch said
“ Good afternoon, Madam Hooch,” student said
“ Good afternoon class,” Hooch said. “Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say, Up!”

“Up!” Harry said. Harry's broom flies into his hand. “Whoa!”
Hermione’s broom just still on the ground.
“With feelings!” Hooch said.
“How you do that?” I asked Harry.
“Try to not scared. Just be brave,” he said.

I try Harry’s advice,and let all my fear from falling go away and suddenly the broom fly to my hand.
“Thank’s,” I smiled at Harry.

“Up,up, up,” said Hermione look a little bit annoyed. It likes the first class that she can’t read from the book.”

“Up!!,” said Ron. His broom flies up and conks him on the nose. “ Ow!” Harry laughs at him
“Shut up Harry,” he said.
“Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end. When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle...3...2...,” said Hooch.

Neville immediately lifts off. He looks quite frightened.

“ Oh...” said Neville.
“ Mr. Longbottom,” said Hooch.
“ Neville, what are you doing?” I said
“ We're not supposed to take off, yet,” said Neville.

Neville begins soaring away. Neville starts to scream and Madam Hooch starts to worry
“Come back down this instant!” said Hooch

He soars through the sky and hits a wall, conking along it and then swooping off. All the while, he is screaming. He begins to zoom back towards the group of students. Hooch holds out her wand to stop him.

“ Help!” said Neville.

Neville approaches. The students scatter and Hooch dives out of the way. Neville goes through the scatter and up a tower.He zooms past a statue of a man with a sharp spear. Neville's cloak catches on it. He is flipped off the broom and hangs there. He wavers, then the cloak rips, and he falls, catching on a torch, but then slipping out and falling to the ground.

“ Everyone out of the way!” she said and runs through the group, and they scatter.” Come on, get up.”
“ Is he alright?” I asked.

“ Oh, oh, oh, oh dear. It's a broken wrist. Tch, tch, tch. Good boy, come on now, up you get,” said Hooch

Draco reaches down and grabs Neville's Remembrall, which has fallen. Hooch begins to lead Neville away with her.

“Everyone's to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I takeMr. Longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand? If I see a single broom in the air, the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say, Quidditch,” Hooch said.

“ Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he'd have remembered to fall on his fat ass,” said Malfoy snickers
“ Give it here, Malfoy,” said Harry.
“ No. I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find,” said Malfoy and hehops on broom and soars around group, then through.”How 'bout up on the roof??” he said and soars off and hovers high in the sky.”What's the matter, Potter? Bit beyond your reach?”

Harry grabs his broom and runs to get on it. Hermione stops him.

“ Harry, no! You heard what Madam Hooch said! Besides, you don't even know how to fly,” said Hermione.

Harry flies off. “What an idiot,” said Hermione.

Harry is now in the air, across from Draco.

“ Give it here, Malfoy, or I'll knock you off your broom!” said Harry.
“ Is that so?” said Malfoy. Harry makes a dash for him, but Draco twirls around his broom in a 360. “Have it your way, then!” he said and throws the Remembrall into the air.

Harry zooms after the ball, speeding towards a tower. Just as he is about to hit a window, from which McGonagall is working/watching, he catches it, and then heads back to the group. The students all cheer and run to see him.

“ Good job, Harry!” I said.
“ Oh, that was wicked, Harry,” said Ron.

“ Harry Potter? Follow me,” McGonagall suddenly appear. Harry sullenly follows her. Draco and his goons laugh.

“You think Harry will be in trouble?” I asked Ron.
“Maybe. It’s McGonagall we’re talking about. She’s very discipline.” Ron said. “ Let’s just go to the common room. We’ll wait Harry there.”

Ron and I go to our common room. We just sit, I read my book, Hermione repeates all the spells that she read, and Ron just does random things
“Will you ever stop studying?” Ron asked. He’s kinda bother him.
“Will you stop eating?” Hermione said. Ron thought of that but he doesn’t answer. “That’s kinda the same.”
I laugh to see the way they act each other. Suddenly Harry comes into the common room. I walk to him and feel kinda worry.
“So do you get in trouble?” I asked concerned.
“No, she asks me to be Gryffindor seeker,” he explained.
“Seeker? But first years never make their house teams! You must be the youngest Quidditch player in..” said Ron but Harry cuts it. “A century, according to McGonagall.”

Fred and George approach Harry.

“ Hey, well done, Harry, Wood's just told us!” said Fred.
“ Fred and George are on the team, too. Beaters,” said Ron.
“ Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too bad. Can't make any promises, of course. Rough game, Quidditch,” said George.
“ Brutal. But no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally...,” said Fred
“But they'll turn up in a month or two!!” said George.
“ Oh, go on, Harry, Quidditch is great. Best game there is! And you'll be great, too!” said Ron. Hermione approach us.
“ But I've never even played Quidditch. What if I make a fool of myself?” said Harry
“ You won't make a fool of yourself. It's in your blood,” said Hermione.
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“C’mon, follow me!” Hermione said, and we follow her.

The four of approach a trophy case. Hermione points at a plaque of Quidditch players. One lists Harry's father as a Seeker.

“ Whoa. Harry, you never told me your father was a Seeker, too,” I said
“ I-I didn't know,” said Harry

We come back into the common room. The four of us walking up in a staircase. 
“I'm telling you, it's spooky. She knows more about you than you do,” said Ron.
“ Who doesn't?” Harry said.

The staircase shudders and begins to move. We grab the railings.

“ Ahh!” Ron screams. Hermione gasps.
“What's happening?” Hermione asked.
“ The staircases change, remember?” I said. The staircase stops, in a new place.
“ Let's go this way,” Harry said
“ Before the staircase moves again,” said Ron
We all open a door and walk into a spooky, dark room.
“ Does anyone feel like...we shouldn't be here?” I said.
“We're not supposed to be here. This is the 3rd floor. It's forbidden.” Said Hermione.

Suddenly, a flame lights on a tall stone support. At that moment, the caretaker's cat, MRS. NORRIS, comes running in and meows. The group jumps.

“ Let's go,” Harry said.
“ It's Filch's cat!” said Ron
“ Run!” Harry said.

We runs. Flames are lit as they go. We get to the end of the corridor, to a door. Harry grabs the handle, but it's locked.

“ It's locked!” said Harry.
“ That's it, we're done for!” said Ron
“Oh, move over!” Hermione said and pushes through and pulls out wand. “Alohomora.” The door opens.
“ Alohomora?” Ron asked.
“ Standard book of spells, Chapter 7,” I said. Ron looks at me.
“What? I read ahead,” I said

Filch appears at the start of the corridor with a light. Mrs. Norris looks at him.

“Anyone here, my sweet?” said Filch. And he walks away
“ Filch is gone,” said Hermione.
“ Probably thinks this door's locked,” said Ron
“ It was locked,” said Hermione
“ And for good reason,” said Harry and I.

 Ron and Hermione turn to stand with Harryand me. There is a massively huge three headed dog sleeping in front of them. The dog, begins to wake. It growls, yawns, and growls more...noticing us
“ AHHHHHHH!” we scream.

The three bolt, running out of the door. We turn quickly to shut the door and battle against the dog. We get the door shut and run. Finally, we back in the Gryffindor room. We are breathless.

“ What do they think they're doing?? Keeping a thing like that locked up in a school,”said Ron
“ You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?” said Hermione
“ I wasn't looking at its feet! I was a bit preoccupied with its heads. Or maybe you didn't notice, there were three!” said Ron while we to climb the stairs to the dorms.
“ It was standing on a trap door. Which means it wasn't there by accident. It's guarding something.” Said Hermione
“ Guarding something?” Harry asked
“ That's right. Now, if you two don't mind, we’re going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed...or worse, expelled!” she turns and leaves.
“ She needs to sort out her priorities!” said Ron. Harry nods.
“Good night Harry, Ron!” I said and walk to my room.
“Night Fanny!” they said.

In the girl dormitories.
“Rather expelled than die?” I asked confusely to Hermione.
“You know what I mean,” she said and go to bed. “Night Fanny.”
“Night Hermione,” I said.

In the morning, we have PROFESSOR FLITWICK's class. The teacher is very short, and is standing on a bunch of books. I pair up with Harry and Seamus. They are 3 of us since no ones around. Hermione pairs up with Ron. Ron isn’t really happy to be Hermione’s partner.

“ One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers? Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone. The swish and flick. Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then.” Said Professor Flitwick.
We all practice.
“ Wingardrium Leviosar. Said Ron and whacks with wand numerous times.
“ Stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, youre saying it wrong. It's Leviosa, not Leviosar,” said Hermione.
“ You do it then if you're so clever. Go on, go on,” said Ron.

Hermione straightens up and swishes her wand.

“ Wingardium Leviosa.,” said Hermione the feather glows and lifts up. Ron puts his head on his books dejectedly.

“ Oh, well done! See here, everyone! Ms. Granger's done it! Oh, splendid!” said Flitwick, compliment Hermione.

I try at my feathers. It fly a little. Seamus begins swishing at the feather. “Wingard Levosa,”

BOOOM!!! Seamus' feather explodes. Flitwick gasps.

“ Whooaaa! Ooh.” Said Flitwick.
“Seamus, you burn the feather,” I whispered
“ I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor,” said Harry

Me, Neville, Harry, Ron and Seamus are walking through a courtyard with other students all around.
 “It's Leviosa, not Leviosar. Honestly, she's a nightmare. No wonder she hasn't got any friends!” said Ron.
“Ron, that’s mean,” I said and defended Hermione.

Hermione bustles past, sniffling.

“ I think she heard you,” said Harry.
“I better go check on her,” I said. “Bye guys.”

HARRY’S POV

Fanny goes check on Hermione.
“So, Harry, what’s up with you and her?” Seamus asked.
“What do you mean?” I confused.
“She’s you know?” said Ron.
“No, we just friends. We met at the train. She is my neighbour.” I explained.

Night, in the great hall. It is Halloween. Everyone is eating candy, and Jack O'Lanterns are keeping the place lit. There is chatter. I sit next to Harry

“ Where's Hermione?” I asked.
“She wouldn't come out of the girl's bathroom. She said that she'd been in there all afternoon...crying. I try to ask her to come here, but she doesn’t want to go out,” Fanny explained.

Ron and I exchange glances. Suddenly, Professor Quirrell comes flying into the room, screaming.
“ TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON! T-TROOLLL IN THE DUNGEON!” said Quirrell and he stops and there is utter silence.” Thought you ought to know.” He falls over in a dead faint.

The room is silent, and then everyone freaks, screaming and running.

“ SILLLLLEEENNNNCEEEEE!” Dumbledore screams. Everyone stops.”Everyone will please, not panic. Now, Prefects will lead their houses back to the dormitories. Teachers will follow me to the dungeons.”

 Percy is leading the house down a hall.
“Gryffindors...keep up please. And stay alert!” said Percy.
“ How could a troll get in?” Harry asked
“ Not by itself. Trolls are really stupid. Probably people playing jokes.” Said Ron Suddenly, Fanny stops and pulls us aside.
“What?”Ron asked.
“ Hermione! She doesn't know!” Fanny said.

We run off, down corridors. We start running down a hall when they stop, because there is a grunting noise. I pulls Fanny aside into a doorway and a large, ugly TROLL thunks by into a room.

“ He's going into the Girl's Bathroom!” Harry said.
“Hope Hermione isn’t in the girls bathroom,” I said.
“Just go check her,” Harry said.

Hermione screams. We  come bursting in.

“ Hermione, move!” said Harry.

The troll smashes the remaining stalls.

“ Help! Help!” Hermione screams. The boys start throwing wood pieces at the troll.

FANNY’S POV
“ Hey, pea brain!” Said Ron and throws wood and hits the troll on the head. Hermione escapes from the stalls to under a sink, but the troll sees her and goes to smash her. It cracks the sink and barely misses Hermione. Harry cring
“Ahhh! Help!” Hermione screams.

Harry gets out his wand. He runs forward and grabs the troll's club, and is lifted up.

“ Whooa! Whoa, whoa!” said Harry.He lands on the troll's head, and is hurled forward, then back, and his wand goes up the troll's nose.
“ Ew,” said Ron.

The troll snorts, and whips around.

“ Whoa, whoa whoa!” Harry screams.

The troll gets Harry off its head and is holding him by one leg, upside down. It gears up its club and swipes at Harry. He pulls himself up, then down. The troll swipes again.

“ Do something!” Hary said.
“What?” Ron said
“ Anything! Hurry up!” said Harry.

Ron grabs his wand. I wavemy hand.

“ Swish and flick!” I said.
“ Wingardium Leviosa!” said RonThe club is lifted out of the troll's hand and hovers above its head. The troll looks up, confused, just as the club comes crashing back down.

“ Cool,” said Ron.  It hits the troll's head and the troll wavers, then drops Harry, who crawls away, and comes crashing down, hard.

Hermione approaches carefully.

“ Is it...dead?” I asked
“ I don't think so. Just knocked out,” said Harry and he grabs his wand...which is covered in goo.”Ew. Troll bogies.”

Suddenly, McGonagall, Snape and Quirrell come rushing in.
They all gasp.

“ Oh! Oh, my goodness! E-Explain yourselves, both of you!” she pointed to Harry and Ron.
“ Well, what it is...” murmured Harry and Ron
“ It's my fault, Professor McGonagall,” said Hermione

The teachers, and Ron and Harry, gape
“ Ms. Granger?” McGonagall said.
“: I went looking for the troll. I'd read about them and thought I could handle it. But I was wrong. If Harry, Fanny and Ron hadn't come and found me...I'd probably be dead,” Hermione said
“ Be that as it may...it was an extremely foolish thing to do,” McGonagall said.

“Harry, looks at Snape’s leg,” I whispered. Harry looks at Snape's leg...which has a large cut on it. Snape notices and covers it up, glaring at Harry.
“ I would have expected more rational behaviour on your part, Ms. Granger. 5 points will be taken from Gryffindor for your serious lack of judgment. As for you three I just hope you realize how fortunate you are. Not many students could take on a full grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale. 5 points...will be awarded to each of you. For sheer dumb luck,” said \

“ Perhaps you ought to go...M-might wake up...heh,” said Quirrell.

We’re going back to the common room. Hermione goes ahead because she said that she wants to take a bath.

“We should get more points than that,” Ron said.
“After Hermione excuses, she’s lying for us Ron,” I said.
“Yeah, who ever thought Hermione Granger will lie to teacher. It likes Snape give up candy,” Harry said. I laugh because his comment.
“Well, good night, Harry, Ron!” I said and walked up into my room
“Good night,” they said.