Chapter 20

After 15 minutes, Harry opens his eyes. The train is moving again. Harry gets up.
“Sorry,” Harry said to me
“No problem,” I said
“Harry, are you alright?” Hermione asked. Hermione’s troubled face hovers above him. He nods.
Ron gives Harry his glasses.
“Thank’s,” Harry said.

Professor Lupin breaks a ragged triangle of chocolate off the slab in his hands. Holds it out.
“Chocolate, eat, it’ll help,” Lupin said and gives all of us chocolate.
“What was that thing?” Harry asked.
“A Dementor. One of the guards of Azkaban. It’s gone now,” Lupin said. Harry frowns in confusion.
“It was searching the train, Harry. For Sirius Black,” I said.
“I need to have a word with the driver. Excuse me,” Lupin said. “Eat, it’ll help.”

As he leaves, Harry turns into me, Ron, and Hermione.
“What happened to me?” Harry asked.
“I’m not really sure what happened to you Harry,” I said.
“Well, you sort of went.. rigid. We thought maybe you were having a fit or something,” said Ron.

“And did either of you? You know.. pass out?” Harry asked.
“No, I felt.. weird. Like I’d never be cheerful again. But.. no,” Ron said.
Harry turns to Hermione. Hermione shakes her had.
“I was trembling. Cold. But then.. Professor Lupin made it go away...” Hermione said.
“How about you?” Harry asked me.
“I don’t exactly know what happened,” I said. “That thing looks at me then just turn to you.”
“But someone was screaming. A woman,” Harry said.
We glance nervously at each other.
“No one screaming Harry,” Hermione said.

For the rest of the trip, we just silent, eat chocolate that Lupin gives us. No one really know what should we do. After couple minutes of silent, we finally arrive at Hogwarts.
“Hey, I think I gotta go now,” I said.
“Where are you going?” Harry said.
“Choir practice,” I said. “See you at the great hall.” As I walk towards the rain.
“Why she joins choir?” Ron asked.
“Maybe she loves it,” Hermione said. “C’mon.”

At the great hall, I join the choir and sing a song. I don’t know why exactly I join this. This thing that come first in my mind when I decide to join extracuriler. I can’t play quidditch, so here I am. I join all the singing. It’s not really bad. After I finish, I go to Gryffindor table and sit next to Hermione.

“Why you sit here?” Hermione asked.
“I don’t know why?” I asked.
“You usually sit next to Harry,” Hermione whispered.
“Just try different things,” I whispered.

“Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say, before we become befuddled by our excellent feast. I myself am particularly looking forward to the flaming kiwi cups, which, while somewhat treacherous for those of us with facial hair..” Dumbledore said.
“What he’s talking about?” Ron asked.
“I have no idea, but he’s a genius, maybe Hermione know,” Harry said. Hermione glared at Harry.
Then McGoganall clears her throat.

“Mm. Yes, first, I’m pleased to welcome Professor RJ Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts. Good luck to you Professor.” Dumbledore said. Everyone clap loudly.

“Of course! That’s why he knew to give you the chocolate Harry,” Hermione said.
“As some of you may know, Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher for many years, has decide to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I’m delighted to announce that his place will be filled by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid!” said Dumbledore. And this time everyone except Slytherin clap very loudly. I don’t what the problem with those people. Why can you just be hapy?

“Finally, on a more disqueiting note, Hogwarts, at the request of the Ministry of Magic, will until further notice, play host to Dementors of Azkaban.” Dumbledore said.

“Potter! Potter,” Malfoy said.
“Did you really faint?” Draco asked and begin to dead faint.
“Just ignore him,” Hermione said.
“The Dementors will be stationed at the entrances to the grounds. While they are under strict orders not to enter the castle itself, you will on occasion to see them as you go about your daily activites. Under no circumstances are you to approach them. It’s not in the nature of Dementer to be forgiving,” Dumbledore said and clapped his hand and the feast begin.

As usual, Ron, stuffed his face with almost every food that served on the table.
“Ron, please eat slowly,” I said. “There’s enough food for everybody.”
“I’m hungry,” Ron said with a fulled mouth.
“Don’t talk with your mouth full,” Hermione said.
“Yes ma’am,” said Ron, Hermione glared at him. Harry laughs to see them like that.
“So, what class you take this term?” Harry asked.
“Just normal amount,” I said. “Although I’m not sure why I choose divination,”
“Yeah, Trelawney looks a little crazy,” Ron said.

The feast finally finish and we go back to our dormitory. In girls dormitory...
“Hermione, what class you take this year?” I asked.
“All of them,”Hermione said.
“All of them? How you supposed to do that?” I asked.
“You promise not to tell anyone,” Hermione said.
“I promise,” I said.
Hermione show me some kinda necklace.
“What is that?” I asked.
“It’s time turner, I can go back in time and do all the lesson. But one rule is I can’t be seen by everybody.”
“So, that’s mean you need to do it very carefully?” I asked.
“Yes,” Hermione said.
“That’s sound a little crazy for me. But good luck to you,” I said.
“Thank’s,” Hermione said. “And you can’t tell anyone about this, especially Harry.”
“Why you quote especially Harry to me?” I asked.
“You know, you and him,” Hermione smirked.
“Shut up,” I said. Hermione rolled her eyes.
“Good night,” I said.

“Night,” Hermione said.