Part 5

Chapter 4:

It turns out as we made our way to the office Rose’s actions were turned to the schools guardian’s disciplinary committee. This was very rare. A novice had to do something pretty serious to piss them off to get that sort of response. Like willfully endangering a Moroi.

Shaking my head as we made our way to the guardian’s office I tried to imagine what Rose did to put herself in this situation. And all of her actions didn’t seem to fit.

Setting a Moroi on fire… nope.

Staking a Moroi instead of her attacker… hell no.

Handing her Moroi over to the Strigoi… no.

Flipping off Christian and walking away letting him face the attacker…mmm, no Rose would never.

Then what could it possibly be that Rose did this time? She’s done some stupid things while I’ve been around but in the end they were for the good. Not for the bad. So hearing that Rose did this kind of thing upsets and puzzles me.

Well I guess we’ll have to find out when we arrive.

The buildings in view now, the way the trees surround it makes it hard for one traveling to make out that there’s a building ahead, unless you’re looking for a small medieval one of course.

We entered a small meeting room with a large table in the center of it. I rarely come here, guarding Lissa and training Rose are my specialties now.

The committee felt it only fair to kick me off because I was Rose’s mentor. I think it’s because they assume Rose will be the next novice to step inside this room. And in many ways they’re right. This only makes me more furious.

Quietly Alberta and I sneak into the room; the guardians are already seated around the oak table. Waiting for Rose’s arrival. I wasn’t surprised to see that she was yet again late.

And that’s a good sign.

After taking my place in the back, Alberta walks around the long table taking her seat at the head of the table. Watching the door, waiting for Rose to arrive.

Minutes pass by, making me think she’s managed to escape this punishment. I’m about to speak up and tell the others that we should look for her when the door bangs open and in comes Stan, following him a pissed off Rose.

Her eye catches mine as she takes her seat at the far end of the table. Her eyes swimming with questions and hope that I will get her out of this one. Not likely.

After a brief report on what happened from Stan the rest of the committee turn their attention towards Rose. At first everyone is silent, not knowing what to say to this simple act. I don’t even know what to say to it. And I know Rose.

Stan nods when he’s finished and walks off to stand next to me. It takes my whole will not to turn around and demand to tell me the truth. Instead my eyes fall on Rose’s catching her eye, I will her to understand that I will do everything against my power to get her out of this. I know Rose she will never do this.

After about a minute Alberta speaks up asking Rose for her side of the story. After she finishes with the same story reported by Stan  Alberta starts questioning her.

Things like: did you do it on purpose, who was with you, why did you do it, why would you freeze? I could tell al the questions were starting to get to Rose. The way her eyes darkened, her hands curled up into fists, her back hunched over like she was about to attack.

This made me stiffen as well, ready to jump on Rose if she tried anything stupid. Fortunately she didn’t move, just sat there like a statue ready to explode with anger.