Part 4

Chapter 4:

As I make my way across the campus I couldn’t help but chastise myself over what I had just done. How stupid it was of me to “kill” Ryan that way… And as I walked within the long casting shadows of the trees images of Eddie’s face flashed through my brain.

The way his face fell, once full of skill and determination, was replaced by hatred, longing and most of all revenge. Never before had I seen something like that, even in a guardian twice my age. What I saw in Eddie today was brought by a simple act that happened in Spokane.

And it was my entire fault.

I was assigned another attack in a few more minutes, so I knew I needed to get my act together if I wanted to give these novice’s a challenge.

Straightening up I took a deep breath of the midnight air. The moon was bright enough to eliminate the path in front of me with its silvery glow. It was the final period of the day and within that period I was issued to attack.

I cleared my head of any thoughts from earlier as I made my way to the classrooms on eastside campus. As I drew closer I looked around to make sure no other guardians had chosen this spot. Satisfied to see none I sulked in the shadows moving as if I were a snake gliding across a black lake.

When I reached the classroom I looked through the window. Novices were lined against the wall trying their best to look like professional guardians. Though I could tell by their stature that their feet were killing them after a long day of standing.

I smiled as I picked the farthest window, the one that was hard to see from the angle they were in. Quietly I unlatched the lock and slipped the window upward, just enough to squeeze through.

There I waited…

The teacher was lecturing the students on a new math lesson. Most of the classmates paid attention, while the rest pretended to be somewhat interested, although I could tell from the dazed look in their eyes they were fighting to stay awake.

Eventually the tiredness in a redheaded boy gave in; he passed out on his math book. It didn’t take long for the teacher to notice, and when she did she turned to him and yelled so loud it even made me jump. The whole class turned their focus on the now aroused kid. Even the novices standing in the back.

That’s when I made my move.

Sliding silently through the windows open frame I managed to get on my feet and take a couple of steps before the novices turned around.

I grabbed the first Moroi I could. Which happened to be a blonde headed girl with big blue eyes. She screamed, not faking her fear as she thrashed around in my grasp.

The teacher’s high pitch voice stopped, it fell silent as all eyes turned in my direction. Even the novice’s in the back seemed startled by my sudden attack.

What I guessed to be her guardian came after me then. He was about six feet and packed full of muscle. As all dhampir’s were. He managed to land a blow on me as I pushed the girl behind, keeping her from his gasp.

This pissed him off even further, causing him to shout orders at the other novice’s behind him. A redheaded girl came running forward, while another disappeared from my line of sight.

They had obviously thought of an attack plan. And it was a good one at that. They gave me the disadvantage of using my blind spots. No one had eyes in the back of their head, unfortunately.

The girl sided with the boy as we squared off, my hand still firmly grasped on the Moroi’s wrist. The redheaded girl lashed out at me, almost landing a blow before I “killed” her. She fell on the ground and laid still.

The Moroi’s guardian stopped and lunged out at me as well. I threw a punch in his direction, meaning to deflect his attack. But he was just as quick and caught hold of my hand in mid air. He had a strong grip on me, and as much as I fought back he wouldn’t let go of that hand. My struggles made him smile.

Furious I was about to let go of the girl to break free of the novice’s grasp when a blow landed on my back, causing me to fall down. Following that was a sharp pain in the head. And before I knew it I felt the cool surface of the stake on my back, right where my heart was.

I let go of the Moroi and kneeled on one knee. Smiling up at the boy who had grabbed hold of my hand. “Great job Stow.”

He laughed and offered a hand up. I took it.

After a few minutes of congratulating the girl who had managed to knock me down I left. I was halfway across campus when I ran into Alberta. I would have nodded and continued on my way if it weren’t for the troubled look in her eye.

Catching hold of her arm I willed her to look at me. “What’s wrong?”

She looked around, face falling even more. “It’s Rose.”

I perked up at that, ready to run to her rescue if it weren’t for Alberta’s reassuring squeeze on my shoulder. “She’s fine, it’s just…well…she was sent to the Headmistress’s office for not defending her and Castile’s Moroi.”

My god Rose…what have you done now?

________________________________________________________________________________

Okay so sorry for the short chapter it's just I'm really excited. I'm reading the Hunger Games and am on the third book and am almost done! I just finished the part (for those of you who have read it) where Peeta attacks Katniss when he returns from the rescue mission and I HAVE to finish it tonight.. If not I'm gonna explode (: haha one of my favorite series, next to VA which of course is and always will be the best series on my list (:

Anywhoo thanks for reading! Comment and tell me what you think.. And sorry for the shortened chapter again ): Hope you will forgive me (:

Also go check out Coke-Cola and her work on Vampire Academy Fan Fic it's about Rose and Dimitri's life after Last Sacrifice and if you guys are as amazing as I know you are you will go check it out because hey! Another Vampire Academy fan to add to the list... So go check it out!!! (:

<3LittleDhampir18