Dimitri's Point of View in Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy) (Book 3)

Disclamer: I DO NOT own any of the Vampire Academy books or characters. They belong to talented and wonderful Richelle Mead. Most of the plot and storyline is mine.

Okay so this is the third book I have written in Dimitri's POV. My first two are on my profile and I recommend you to read them first before this one, because some of my references will confuse you if you haven't read the last two installments I have done. Anyways I want to thank all my fans for making this series possible and for encouraging me to write more! You guys are amazing and here is the third book of Vampire Academy enjoy (:

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1:

Cold wind hit me in the face as I walked around the campus' grounds. Leafless tree branches swayed in the wind, clawing at the sides of the stone dorms like fingernails. The sun peeped at me from between lead-colored clouds. It was like any miserable winter day in Montana.

The sun's warmth was no match for the drifting snow in the air. I pulled my duster closer to my frame, trying to keep the icy air from seeping into my skin. Unfortunately it only worked a little, and I shivered as a blast of snow melted as it made contact with my skin.

I was on watch. It was night time for the Moroi, which was one of the easiest posts a guardian could get. Hardly anyone left their dorms. Well, except for the novices. Every single one of them appeared to have some form of insomnia. Luckily for me I hadn't ran into any sleep deprived students...yet.

Shifts of school guardians always patrolled the grounds while everyone else slept. Strigoi, the undead vampires who stalked living Moroi vampires like Lissa, didn't come out in sunlight, but students breaking rules---sneaking out of their dorms---were a problem night and day.

I walked on the newly lain snow; the only sound was the howling wind and the crunching snow beneath my feet. I tilted my head back, letting my human genes take in the sun's rays as I continued my patrol around the school's grounds. My head shot forward when I heard the faint footsteps of another person.

I was the only one who was assigned to patrol the novice's side of the campus. Other guardians were guarding the Moroi dorms and the front gate as well as the back gate. No one should be walking around my part of the area.

Tensing I realized it was a novice sneaking out, my first catch of the day. Quickly and silently I rounded a corner, towards the sounds of the footsteps and stopped short. I'd recognized that dark brown hair and stance anywhere.

Rose.

My heart quickened as I took her in. I had finally accepted our love for each other. That was after almost having an affair with Tasha Ozera. I had promised Rose after everything that happened in Spokane that I would never hurt her again. But that didn't mean we could start a relationship that wasn't strictly educational.

I sighed, wishing life weren't so damn complicated.

Rose continued to walk away from me, oblivious of my presence. A hint of a smile spread across my lips. Rose, always breaking the rules, when will you ever learn?

"Are you sleepwalking?" I asked.

She spun around, startled. I stood there watching her amused and curious as to why she was out here so late in the night. Plus it was kind of amusing to see her caught off by surprise. Hastily she ran a hand through her long hair, which was matted and sticking up everywhere from sleep.

"I was testing dorm security," she said. "It sucks."

A small smile played on my lips at the sound of that. I was about to reply when I noticed ha small shiver go through her. Her eyes weren't on me anymore; they were now clearly focused on my jacket. Which was doing a lot better job at keeping me warm.