[9] Save me

[9] Save me

------------------

[DEMI'S POV]

"I think we're done here" The women who had came with the officer said. She was from the child protection goup i guess. Officer folded his papers together and started to walk towards the door.

"What you can't no please you can't take them away they can stay." I said while yelling and burst out into tears.

Kayla and Jack started to walk with them, both heads down. 

Kayla looked back the last time and whispered "I love you". As a clear tear was streaming down her face. Then the door shut. 

I felt saddness.

[ 2 hours before ]

I couldn't believe my eyes as I was standing behind the door where all the truth that Kayla and her brother were yelling about came out.

Kayla and her brother Jack didn't have a mother. All they said about her were lies. There was no mom. They had a fake ID for it. Mom had disappeared year ago.

Oh and about the fire that was in their house. 

Jack was there when it happened. I didn't hear everything what they said but one word i remember clearly bullies. 

I opened the door quietly, they didn't notice me first. I shut the door behind me and I was standing against the door. Both of them looked at me eyes wide.

"Demi, What are you doing?" Kayla asked nervously.

"What was that?" As i was moving closer. "You didn't told me, did you?" As i gasped through the air when my voice cracked.

Kayla looked at me, then Jack and then down. Silence.

"I did it for the best. ... I didn't want that me and Jack will be far away from each other .. because i knew that will happen one day." She had tears. "So .. we faked the ID. But today when i heard that the officers came. I was so scared ..  i thought that they found about us. Children with no mom, you understand. But then ..I heard it was the fire." She didn't continue.

"Fire what?" I asked.

"... Yesterday the bullies sent me a text to have a battle and if i don't go they'll be after me. So i didn't go and then they sent a text that we will burn your house then. And i guess that's what they did. OH and Jack. I told him, I didn't want him to go or anything. He just went to save it. But he was too late." She looked down.

"ohmygod."  I said as i was wiping the tears away. "But we have to tell the officers that bullies were the ones who burnt down the house."

"We won't." Jack said as he was shaking his head.

There was knocking on the door. "Are you still there? Hurry up!" The officer yelled and then opened the door.

We all looked at him with frightened faces.

"Are you okay guys?" He asked in a low tone.

Nobody said anything. 

"uhm, .. No. I mean yes. Are we gonna continue or?" I said slowly.

"No where should we even continue? ah? When you mrs Lovato spend 10 minutes here talking with Kayla and Jack. And when i come in, you all are full of secrets? and lies? WHAT should i even think about that?" He said screaming angrily.