[7] Dark past

[7] Dark past

------------------

[ Kayla's POV ]

A chilly wind was blowing though my hair. I slowly opened my eyes, but i didn't understand nothing. My head was on Demi's shoulder and we're sitting against a medium size rock. I got myself up, until i was sitting properly.

I looked at Demi, I was confused. She was looking far away, i guess enjoying the view. But i noticed her eyes were red. 

My face suddenly turned pale. I felt i was so worried but i didn't want to make that thing to a big drama. I decided to start with something easy. "How long did i slept?" I asked.

"Ahh, I don't know, I guess 1 hour." She said, smiling weakly. "Was it a good sleep?" She asked laughing slighly.

"Yeah, what do you think? Sleeping on your shoulder, next to you. In the most perfect place ever." I laughed. Demi laughed with me. Then i suddenly stopped and ask "Demi, what's wrong?" 

"Nothing." She faked a smile. I didn't smile, or do any face expressions. "Demi, You're hiding something, tell me, you've helped me .. and so many others. Don't forget that if you need help, I'm here." I said as my voice cracked.

She looked at me and took a deep breathe "Okay" She nodded. " Well .. "

[ Demi's POV]

Kayla was getting tired after a long time enjoying the place. She put her head on my shoulder and quickly fell asleep. I sat there. In a place .. That  have helped me so much. And know Kayla is here, in the same place as i was..

Suddenly my phone started ringing. I quickly took it and talked in very quiet voice. "Hey, I'm Demi." I said.

"Hi Demi, I'm Simon." He said while the wind was blowing too hard that i couldn't almost hear a thing. "Are you okay? It's very loud out there? Where are you? I called your manager, he said you're not home or anywhere? ... Demi." He said.

I stayed quiet. "DEMI, ARE YOU THERE?" He shouted. I put decline and hang up. I stared the phone for a minute and then i understood what i did. 

I felt that kind of relief .. , but then again pain, regret.

Tears started coming .. I wiped them quickly.

Then another call, it was from my manager.. Tim. ( Let's pretend he's her manager).

I was between taking and not taking. I took my cardigan and slowly put Kayla's head on it. I stood up, took a breathe and answered the phone.

I stayed quiet .. . "Demi, I know where you are." He said angrily. Still quiet. "And i can get you?" He said in a very low voice. "Oh yeah, And what would you do then?" I said trying to keep my voice strong, but it cracked and tears again.

"That's enough Demi, I'm coming." He said while i heard the sound of cars moving on the other side of the phone. "But you know, You don't deserv to be a manager, in any freaking way. Do you know that? And if i could tell the others .. what you have done.. " Tears, silence. "I would fucking do that." I hang up. 

I let my phone fall on the ground.

After sometime of sitting now back next to Kayla, thinking over my silly life. 

Kayla woke up and even how hard i tried to act normal she noticed and asked. I didn't want to tell, but then i understood, i can trust her.

Then .. I told Kayla The WHOLE story from the beggining. We both cried .. like a lot. She hugged me for a long time and said "Demi, why don't you tell the police?" She said while crying hard.

Suddenly we heard car noises. I looked at Kayla, she looked frightened. "Is he angry?" She asked quietly, moving closer. 

I started shaking my head "We need to go, we need to go," I grabbed her hand, and ran as fast as i could behind a big rock which was quite good place to hide. 

"I KNOW YOU ARE HERE! I'LL FIND YOU!" He said shouting. 

"I'm so sorry Demi." Kayla said as tears starting flowing down her cheeks again. 

I put a finger on my lips. "Shh", "We'll be okay, i promise" I said smiling weakly.

[Kayla's POV]

Then Demi told me the whole story from the beggining. It was horrible, i had no idea. Demi told that his manager is coming here. And while i just had heard the story .. it was frightnening.

We ran to hide behind a big rock while we heard his voice. 

We stayed absolute quiet. "You know, if you are not coming out .. i have better punish for you TWO." He shouted. 

Then i heard another car. I was shaking hard, but tried to see through the trees who's car was this."Demi, Demi." I said quietly. "It's my brother Jack." She looked at me."Really?" I nodded.

I took my phone out quickly. "I've got a plan." I said. I texted Jack.

"WE need your help, PLEASE don't come close to Demi's manager Tim. You have no idea what he might do. STAY THERE! Call 911 PLEASE !"

When he got the message, he looked around and finally noticed us. Waving with his two hands. He showed telephone and thumbs up sign. We smiled.

Then Jack showed with his fingers that police was close. "Trust me, It's gonna work." I said as i grabbed Demi's hand and ran out.

Demi's manager said. "OH, Look my darlings came out." We were standing closer to the edge and he was blocking our way. We stepped back. 

Then he took out his gun. I squeezed demi's hand. We were moving closer and closer. 

"Why are you doing this?" I said calmly. 

Now Jack and police were moving slowly closer to Tim.

"Oh me, Why? Don't you know darling. Demi, You have been such a bad girl, and you know what i do when you don't do what i want." He smiled evily.

He really should get help.

"And now i mean who needs a girl with singing talent but you see, you're ugly. And if you hadn't eat at all you'd be prettier now. And i see that after that treatment .. You didn't do what i said. And your career. Let's say you're pure rubbish."

I looked at Demi. She was crying hard. I started crying too.

"And Demi why the hell did you take this Kayla in your home? It's a distraction, don't you think?" 

"It's police, put your gun down."

And in a second police arrested him. Whil they're taking him away he shouted "You know this is not over yet." 

Jack ran over us and hugged both of us. I let Demi and Jack be alone.

[ Demi's POV]

The police took him away it felt like a huge relief but more media drama. I felt so happy that finally he could be in jail, but i wasn't ready to talk about it all.

Jack hugged me tight and asked "Are you okay?" He smiled. I melted as wind was blowing through my hair. "Yes, I'm okay now, It was pretty rough, you know." I smiled. 

My mom and family came. 

Paparazzi came.

I felt like the happiest person.

There were people who loved me, supported me and i have the best fans ever.

...

"Demi, You're coming?" Jack asked. I shook my head from being confused because i had stared at him for a long time. "Um Yeah I'm .. I'm coming." I smiled. He reached for my hand and he led me to the car.

The best thing that he cared.. and i could hold his hand. I'm so happy.