Chapter Forty-Nine

Harry and Louis finally got Adaley up after a twenty minute fight and a lot of bribing. Harry stood at the island mixing up some chocolate chip pancake mix while Louis sat on a bar stool on the other side of their granite island. He was sipping a mug of hot Yorkshire tea his mother had sent him while he flipped through the profiles of aspiring artists that his talent scouts had sent him. He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked through a certain file intensely.

"Keep frowning like that and you'll get wrinkles." Harry teased and Louis rolled his eyes but didn't reply. "Penny for your thoughts, love?" he asked and Louis looked up, taking a sip from his mug.

"I'm looking at these profiles and it's killing me because I'd love to sign all of these wonderful young people but I can't." Louis groaned and Harry thought for a moment and smiled.

"Why not suggest some of them to Ashton and them? They have their own label as well." Harry suggested and Louis nodded slowly, gathering up the file folders.

"That sounds like a good idea. Next time they're over I'll discuss it with them." Louis said and Harry nodded, pouring the mixture onto the griddle. Louis pulled his phone out and started to scroll through his Twitter. He liked some tweets about the soccer game the night before and started to close out the app when a tweet caught his eye. He opened up the worldwide trends and his eyes widened as he saw that #GoodLuckAdaley and #KatiesDay were trending. He clicked on the first one and read a few of the top tweets. "Harry..." he called softly and Harry looked over his shoulder with a frown.

"Is everything okay?" Harry asked worriedly as he flipped one of the pancakes. Louis looked back down at the tweets before he responded.

"Have you been on Twitter today?" Louis asked and Harry shook his head, transferring some of the pancakes from the griddle to a plate.

"Why do you ask?" Harry asked as he moved to set the table as Louis continued to read some of the tweets under both hashtags.

"I'll explain when we're having breakfast." Louis mumbled and stood up, helping Harry set the table. Eventually Adaley joined them wearing plain black skinny jeans, boots like Harry's, and her favourite Fall Out Boy shirt that said 'Little Miss Fall Out Boy'. Harry cocked an eyebrow at her outfit and chuckled softly.

"Where in the world did you get that shirt?" Harry asked and Adaley sat down at the table, smiling down at her shirt.

"Miss Tayler took Em and me shopping one day and she got me this shirt because she said a girl needs to be taught what good music is at a young age." Adaley said with a giggle and Harry groaned playfully.

"I'm gonna need to have a talk with her about what good music is." He said playfully and they sat down at the table. They filled their plates with the good food Harry had made and ate in silence until Louis interrupted the quiet.

"I was scrolling through Twitter today and I found two new hashtags that were trending." Louis said softly and Harry cocked an eyebrow.

"New things trend every day. What's so special about todays?" Harry asked before he shoved another bite of pancake in his mouth. Louis pulled out his phone and unlocked it, looking down at the screen.

"Today's trends are Katie's Day and Good Luck Adaley." Louis read softly and the other two froze, looking at each other out of the corner of their eyes.

"Katie's day? What's that one about?" Harry asked after he swallowed his bite of pancake. Louis didn't have time to reply before Adaley spoke up.

"Today is Mommy's birthday. She would've been twenty-one." Adaley whispered and Harry's eyes widened.