Chapter Fourteen

"Louis, I..." Harry said and trailed off, smiling shyly at Louis. "I can't wait to be known as your husband." He said and let the tears fall down his cheeks. Louis stood up and kissed Harry as he slid the ring onto Harry's ring finger. The photographer snapped pictures wildly as the couple shared a sweet and loving kiss. Louis pulled away and kissed the ring on Harry finger. He pulled out his phone and Harry held up his hand as they took a selfie. Louis quickly posted it to Instagram with the caption 'He said yes!' and tagged everyone from the party. He slipped his phone back into his pocket as Ed Sheeran laid his hands on both of their shoulders.

"Go down there and have your first dance as fiancés." Ed said and gave them a gentle shove towards the stairs. The couple walked onto the dance floor hand in hand and Harry wrapped his arms around Louis' waist as Louis' arms encircled around his neck. They started to sway slightly as Ed and 5SOS started to play one of Ed's biggest hits, Kiss Me. The crowd watched the couple as they barely moved to the music. Harry smiled down at Louis.

"I can't believe you did all this, Lou. It's amazing. And I never saw your proposal coming. You're so amazing, baby." Harry whispered and Louis smiled up at him.

"You deserve the world, Harry. You deserve every good thing around." Louis said softly and looked down when he felt a tug at his leg. Adaley stood there with a pout on her lips.

"Can I join?" Adaley asked and Harry nodded, lifting the little girl up and the small family started to dance together. Adaley looked down at Harry's hand and picked it up to study the ring. "What does this mean, Daddy?" she asked and Harry smiled softly as she touched the warm metal.

"It means that Papa and I are getting married." Harry simply explained and Adaley nodded slightly.

"Does that mean that we're going to be a family forever?" Adaley asked hopefully and Harry's heart swelled. He opened his mouth to respond but Louis beat him to it.

"We will always be a family. Even when you're married and have kids of your own. Daddy and I will always be here for you." Louis told her and she nodded, hugging the two men tightly.

"I love you Daddy." Adaley said as she looked at Harry intensely and he smiled.

"I love you too princess." Harry said softly and Adaley turned to look at Louis.

"I love you Papa." Adaley told the short man and Louis' heart swelled with joy.

"I love you too sunshine." Louis said and hugged the two of them tightly. The song ended but neither one of them noticed, all of them too engrossed in their family moments. Harry jumped slightly when he felt someone tap his shoulder. He looked down to see Gemma smiling up at him.

"May I steal my niece? Lottie and I wanna dance with her." Gemma asked and Harry nodded, setting Adaley down. The two of them skipped away and Harry turned back to kiss Louis but was whisked away by Jay.

"I want to dance with my future son-in-law." Jay said with a smile and put her hands on Harry's shoulders. Harry gently set his hands on Jay's hips and looked over to see Louis had been captured by his own mother. He laughed softly and looked down at Jay, smiling shyly at her. The family spent the rest of the night dancing the night away and enjoying time with their loved ones. By the time the clock struck ten everyone was starting to clear out. Harry lifted up a sleeping Adaley and smiled when she curled into him. He looked over to see Anne and Jay tiredly making their way over to where Harry was standing.

"Hey." Harry whispered and Jay smiled, yawning softly.

"Tomorrow I think everyone is going to be recovering from the party but the next day Jay and I would love to take Adaley out for a girls day with us, Lottie, Fizzy, Daisy, Phoebe, Gemma, Lou, and Lux if that's okay." Anne asked in a soft voice and Harry nodded, smiling down at them.

"That sounds fine. We're leaving early next week but I'd love to spend a day with just Louis." Harry said with a yawn and chuckled softly when Adaley whined in his arms.

"Daddy quiet. Sleepy." Adaley grumbled and Harry chuckled, apologizing softly to the little girl. Louis walked up and wrapped an arm around Harry's waist.

"C'mon. 'M tired and I wanna get back to the hotel before it gets any later. There's a crew coming in the morning tomorrow to clean everything up." Louis explained, stifling a yawn. Harry nodded and bid their mothers a goodbye before following Louis outside into the awaiting car. The ride back to the hotel was silent as they were both just way too tired to speak. When they got into their hotel room Harry made quick work of changing Adaley into her bedclothes. Harry stripped off his shirt and pants, slipping on a pair of sweats. Louis peeled off his dress clothes and pulled on a pair of pajama bottoms and one of Harry's favourite sweaters. Harry put Adaley to bed on the couch with her favourite teddy bear and blanket before crawling into bed with Louis, pulling the older man into his side. He shut off the lights as sighed heavily.

"Can you believe it Lou?" Harry whispered as he ran his fingers up and down Louis' spine.

"What do you mean, 'Arry?" Louis asked sleepily and Harry laughed softly.

"Can you believe we're engaged?" He asked and felt Louis smile against his chest.

"I can't wait for the day I say I do and I get to slip that ring on your finger." Louis murmured and Harry smiled into the darkness.

"And neither can I."